Chapter 23

Chapter 23

We can be friends

I have been staying with them almost an hour and I really don't know what to do. My phone were buzzing for like forever and I couldn't answer it when they all giving their attention to me. For sure ay hinahanap na ako nila Pee shooter at Bella, and to be confused dahil kanina pa ako wala at dapat ay sumalang na ako sa audition but I was trapped with the Decathlon team.

"Alex?" tumapon ang atensyon ko kay Mebby na siyang nagsasalita sa harap, nginitian ko naman siya. "Mukhang nawawala ka ata, may iniisip ka ba?"

There's this hesitation in my head na ayokong sabihin sa kanila ang nangyayari sa utak ko pero halos hindi na rin naman makapag-concentrate at hindi ko makuha ang mga pinagsasabi nila sa akin. I know I should respect their time and effort pero I have something to attend na ngayon ay hindi ko alam kung anong gagawin ko.

"Actually," I said, gulping from the dryness of my throat. I stood up my chair, picking up my backpack. I saw their reactions but were still clueless, "I'm really sorry to do this, but I needed to be somewhere..."

I walked right away from the room, hindi ko na tiningnan ang kanilang mga mukha at nakayuko lang akong lumabas. That moment, I felt I made something to be guilt of, pero hindi ko rin naman masisisi ang sarili ko dahil hindi naman iyon ang lugar na dapat kong puntahan. I may be failed their hopes, I know they could still find someone like who really deserve to be on their team.

Pagkalabas ko ng room, Miss Keltz followed me and called me.

"Why are you leaving, Alex?" she asked.

I took a deep breath to give her something that won't make her offended, "Miss Keltz, I really appreciate your way of making me feel so welcomed in the Decathlon team... and this might be hard to say because you were really hoping for my decision to join but I think I found it with the Drama Club."

I'm expecting that she won't accept the fact that I'm declining her offer, because it is what it is but I saw a different reaction from her.

She smiled, "that's okay, Miss Alex, I'm glad to hear it from you and it's no problem for me if you choose the Drama Club because its your decision after all, good day, Alex."

I nodded, "thank you, Miss Keltz."

But before leaving she called me once again.

"If we get to ask your assistance on our team, would you like to be a help?"

"Yes, Miss Keltz, that would be fine for me." I smiled, "thank your for reaching out also, good day, Miss Keltz."

Mabilis naman akong naglakad palayo at tinunton ang direksyon papunta sa Drama Club at panigurado'y nakabusangot ang mga mukha nila Pee shooter at Bella kapag nakita nila ako. When I reach the Drama Club room, I immediately enter the room and upon walking towards them, I watched them stood up and clapped their hands as if, something has ended or I did get their attention.

But they were not looking at me, and so I was looking at the platform where Lathomia is taking a bow. My eyes widened by realizing she was here, in the same room where I think her forte is. But seeing her, auditioning—how could that happen?

I saw Bella beside our Club Adviser, and I think she's going to take a speech.

"Guys, I am so happy that all of you took an effort and time para sa audition na ito and everyone did well and I think everyone really deserved something to get a role," she chuckles, "but anyway, thank you for this and I hope everyone enjoy. Remember, walang patapon na role ditto, lahat tayo ay gagalaw. Even you got the minimal role or propsmen ka, you're still gonna be part of something we'll do great, okay?" she said, everyone were listening to her, that's a good compelling speech. "So, the results will be posted in the Bulletin board down the hallway, thank you guys!"