Chapter 41

Chapter 41

 I am

My hands were shaking holding the ice-cream solo pack. My knees were trembling walking to his direction. My mind were composing such words to speak on him. I couldn't just figured out how to approach him.

I slide the glass door, stepping outside of the house leading to the man, lying down into the lounger while his hands are on his head. I slowly move my feet not to make any creeking sound. When I reach his position, watching him alone. I know its kinda creepy. I let out the fear off my system and breathe in and out.

"Korg..." I called him out and expecting him to move but I think he didn't hear me. "Korgian." Pag-uulit ko pa.

Then he sudden move, I was already panicking inside but I keep myself calm and steady that won't find me such a creepy girl stalking him. He genuinely open his eyes and check whose the person calling his attention. Inalis niya ang pagkakadagan ng kamay niya ulo niya, saglit lang din naman ay umayos siya ng kanyang pagkakaupo. He look into my eyes but shifted right away.

"Ice-cream? Pampalamig ng ulo?" I joked. Napangisi naman siya sa sinabi ko.

"I guess, I need that." Inabot ko sa kanya ang ice-cream at spoon. Pinanood ko naman siyang buksan iyon at kumain. He's really into it at nakakatuwa lang dahil tinanggap niya iyon. "I thought you were heading out?" he asked with a furrowed eyebrow.

"I was but I think... I need to talk with you."

"On what?" he asked and continue scooping onto the ice-cream. When he notice I was just standing right beside him, he offer the space on the lounger and I sit right next to him. "What are we gonna talk about?"

Napakibit-balikat naman ako sa sinabi niya. Gell told me to speak with him, anything random basta makapag-usap lang kaming dalawa. This is my time to clear out some things on him pero ngayon pa ako tumitiklop. Muli naman niya akong nilingon, he offer his ice-cream on the spoon he used pero tumanggi naman ako sa kanya. He just laughed to the thought of it. It would be an indirect kiss—I just didn't grab the chance. Hindi naman ako gano'n kadesperada. Or he was just testing me.

Hindi ako marupok Korg. Slight lang naman.

"Are we okay, Korg?" I asked, hoping to get an answer from him.

He look straight into my eyes, I couldn't read it but he was trying to say something. "Are we?" pag-uulit nito sa tanong pero tumawa naman ito kaya nagtaka ako. "No, no, we're good. Bakit mo naman natanong 'yan?"

"I just need to know," aniko. "'Cause I have been noticing these past few weeks, you don't treat me the same way as before. I know you have your life. You got your life but I know somethings is wrong and I wanna know what it is... am I part of it?"

Natigilan siya sa pagkain niya ng ice-cream, that cookies and cream flavour stopped him by those questions. Ibinalik niya ang takip ng garapon at isinantabi iyon. Magsasalita pa sana akong matutunaw lang iyon kung hahayaan niya pero nanuyo ang lalamunan ko. It is like I was trapped by his actions, couldn't escape the fact that I'm also wanting his answers.

"There's something you have to know, Alex—"

I interrupted his sentence because I know what he's gonna say. "I already know that, you like me..."

His eyes narrowed, "where did you get that?"

Biglang umurong ang kalamnan ko nang itanong niya iyon sa akin. Napakalaking tanga ko rin kung bakit hinayaan ko ang sarili kong magpadalos-dalos na lumabas iyon sa bibig ko. He shouldn't know that from me. Nakakapanghina.