back to you (Mentions of self harm, fluff)

Daniel POV: I have been on a work trip the last month and I haven't talked to joey in so long. my boss told me I needed to stay for another 2 weeks and I was angry. I said "are you insane?! there is no way im staying here for another two weeks. I need to go home and see my boyfriend" I called joey once more but didn't expect him to answer and I was right. I left a voicemail. "hey Joey I know ive left millions of voicemails and your probably just gonna listen to it and ignore it like you have the rest of them. I was just calling to say I miss you and I love you" I started crying in the voicemail "I promise ill try and be home as soon as I can. I love you Joey"

joey pov: Daniels been gone the last month on a work trip and I haven't been okay. ive found myself slipping down the rabbit hole of depression. I haven't eaten and ive lost a lot of weight and I cant sleep not knowing Daniels arms arent around me. every night I cant face his side of the bed knowing hes not there. I haven't been active on youtube or social media since Daniel left. every night I clutch his pillow tight in my arms breathing in his scent and I cry myself to sleep. Daniels been calling me everyday leaving voicemails. I listen to them but I cant find the courage to call him back because itll only make me miss him more. I went in the bathroom and picked up a razor blade. I looked at it once and slid it against my wrist leaving 3 cuts on my wrist. I watch as the blood slowly oozes out with a sick smile.

Daniel POV: I couldn't take it anymore. I flew home catching the last flight. I had an uber take me home. I pulled out my keys and the dogs attacked me in kisses. I dropped my bags as I saw what had happen. torn pillows and pillows with tear stains. I called joeys name. no answer. I ran up the stairs and heard soft sobbing coming from our bathroom. I immediately opened the door and I saw joey in a curled up ball crying with a puddle of blood around his arm. he was skinnier than when I left and had scars up and down his arm. no. he hasn't. he didn't. hes been starving himself and cutting. I immediately broke down in tears. I picked him up and pulled him into my arms holding him tightly. he screamed as I pulled him into my arms. he then realized who it was. "D- Daniel." I nodded and said "Hi Joey. im home. ive missed you so much" he wrapped one arm around me and sobbed and said "im sorry" I looked at him confused, "for what?" he sobbed again and said "not calling you or texting you" I frowned and said "its okay Joey, im here and im never leaving you" I picked him up looking at his figure "Joey you've lost so much weight and you have scars all over your arms, what happened my boy?" "depression found me. I had so many anxiety attacks and you weren't there. each night I wanted your arms around me and you weren't there. I couldn't find the courage to call or text you because id only miss you more" I had tears running down my cheeks as I held joey tighter and said "im so sorry my baby boy, im so sorry" he hugged me as tight as he could with the physical state he was in "its okay Daniel, what matters is that your here now. I kissed Joey for the first time in a month. I picked him up and cleaned his arm and wrapped it in gauze. he placed his lips on mine once more and I deepened the kiss with putting my hand on the back of his head. I carried him to the bed knowing all he wanted was cuddles. I got under the covers and joey immediately attached himself to me breathing in my scent. I kissed his head and said "I love you Joey" and from there we both fell into a deep sleep.

a few hours later joey woke up facing away from me. a sharp gasp followed by a sob. he said "it was just a dream" I said "are you sure it was just a dream?" he turned around and said "Daniel" I rubbed his back soothing him "its okay my sweet boy, im here. im here and im not leaving anytime soon. I love you" he reattached himself to me and I held him tighter than ever as he laid his head in the crook of my neck and fell back asleep. I whispered "I love you Joey"