camping trip(fluff)

Daniel POV: Joey was upstairs gaming when I was thinking, we should go on a camping trip. just him and I, no social media or having to worry about anything. I heard Joeys office door open and he came down the steps and sat in my lap, nuzzling into my chest. "Hi Danny" he said smiling into my chest. I kissed the top of his head. "Hello my angel, do you mind if I ask you something?"

he scooches back so we're looking each other in the eyes.

"I was thinking we could go on a camping trip. ya know just you and me. we haven't spent a lot of time together lately and I thought it would be fun. I was hoping that we could go somewhere with no cell phone signal. we wont have to worry about the bullshit online, we'll focus on just spending time together. ok?"

he nods and says "Ok Danny, but you know I don't know the first thing about camping."

I giggle. "I know. itll be fun though! ill show you the ropes!"

he nuzzles back into my chest and I kiss the top of his head.

I get up and begin to make dinner. tonight I was thinking some veggie pizzas.

while I was at the stove, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"hello my angel"

he nuzzles into my back. "Hi Danny, I hungwy" he says in an adorable voice.

I turn to face him.

"I know, itll be done soon" he nods and goes back to the couch and nuzzles up.

the pizzas finally finish and I bring it to the living room.

"I was thinking we could go camping in Arizona, we can get up early tomorrow morning and go see the sunrise and have breakfast then drive out. itll be a bit of a drive so you can take your phone to occupy yourself but leave it in the car. im not even bringing mine."

"sounds good to me, handsome man"

I pick his chin up and press my lips to his, pulling him into my lap wrapping my arms around him not breaking the kiss.

we pull away after a few seconds. "I love you Joey."

"I love you too, Daniel. always"

we eat dinner and cuddle on the couch watching a movie.

after the movie was over I said "how bout we go pack and then go to bed. we got an early morning."

joey nods and we walk hand in hand up the stairs to the bedroom. we both head to the closet. I grab sweaters, leggings, jeans and shorts. joey doing the same. I also grab socks, some boxers and tennis shoes for hiking.

after packing, Joey yawns and I pull him to bed.

I pull the covers up and he wraps himself around me. my little monkey.

the next morning

the next morning my 6 am alarm goes off and I get out of bed. joey pulls on my arm.

"mmmm Daniel.... stay.."

I pull him up, pressing a kiss to his lips. a smile spreads on his face.

he slowly gets out of bed, acting like a zombie.

he slowly goes to the bathroom and brushes his teeth and brushes his morning hair. he then puts the sweater and leggings he picked out the night before on.

he grabs his phone, waking up.

we head to the car and drive to the beach. the sun slowly rising. joey and I both take photos.

then we drive to Arizona.

joey takes a video.
"aah good day everyone, today mister Daniel is taking me camping, so I wont have cell phone signal. ill be back in a few days. I love you guys! take care!"

he turns his phone off.

"thank you Joey. I appreciate it"

he smiles. "your welcome Daniel. I love you"

"I love you too, Joey"

we finally got to Arizona, and we brought our stuff to our Air B&B.

"cmon lets go for a hike to the top of the hill"

we walked in silence, hand in hand.

when we got to the top, I grabbed the water bottles I had in my bag and gave one to Joey. we sat on the edge of the cliff. hand in hand. the sun slowly setting.

"Joey?"

he looks at me.
"Yeah, Danny?"

I look out into the distance, still hand in hand.

"I may not be able to tell you this everyday but I just want you to know that you mean the world to me. the day you stepped into my life you changed it into something so beautiful and meaningful. I may not be the first man in your life, but I hope to be the last man you ever want. I may not be the first man who made you feel loved but I want to be the only one to make you feel loved to the core. I love you Joey. I love you so much. I want to be yours for the rest of my life"

joey started tearing up.

I grabbed what else I brought in my bag.

I go down on one knee and Joey cries into his hands.

"Joey, will you marry me?"
he has his hands around his mouth but he nods.

"yes, yes yes oh my god yes!"

he pulls me up, jumping into my arms. legs around my waist, hands around my neck.

I slide his ring on and kiss his hand.

I press my lips to his in a heated kiss. our lips sync together, our tears mixing together, not giving a care.

we walk back to our rental and sit by the fire drinking hot cocoa and eating chocolate chip muffins.

"Daniel?"

I smile at him. "Yes?"
"I- I just wanted to say I love you. I love you so much. I cant wait to say I do and be yours forever. I love you so much."

I smile widely. "I love you too Joey, my prince, my fiancé, my everything. forever and always. i love you most"

we begin an intense cuddling session, joey little spooning as always. i smile as he drifts into a deep sleep. i smile kissing his head gently. "i love you Joey"