Wolf (Depressing)

a/n- inspo comes from when my best friends dog who was half my dog died a month ago

Daniel pov: Lately Wolf has been really sick and he is very old. Joey and I knew this day would come, we just didn't want it to happen. today was the day we were putting Wolf down to rest. I was trying to be strong for Joey while he was crying and sobbing.

I carried wolf to the backseat of my car. joey and I got in. joey sobbing at this point. I held joeys hand as we walked into the vet and cremation services building. we decided to cremate wolf too.

the nurse came in with a small needle.

"who would like to hold wolf while we inject it?"

joey squeaked. "Daniel can. h-he found him"

I held wolf in my arms. feeling his heartbeat. then the doctor injected the needle. wolfs legs went limp and his heartbeat died.

Joey sobbing uncontrollably. I set wolf down on the table, as joey and I pet wolf for the last time, his body cold. I buried my face in his fur and cried. I brought my face up and pulled joey into a hug. the nurses took wolf from us to be cremated. we waited until he was done.

joey and I sat in the waiting room. I found the picture of me holding wolf when he was a puppy and I posted it to @thehuskypac on Instagram with the caption

"today @joeygraceffa and I placed wolf to rest. I remember when I found Wolf in an alley way. weak, underweight and hungry. he was a big part of Joey's and I's relationship before we were out as a couple. Wolf will always be in our hearts, please keep Joey and I in your thoughts as we grieve. thank you for respecting our privacy we will be needing for the next week or two. we love you guys."

my heart broken as I held Joey. we both cried in each others shoulders.

then the doctor came back with a medium sized box. it had a black drawstring bag over it that said

"It isn't goodbye forever. until we meet again at the rainbow bridge"

Joey and I payed the services and drove home in silence besides us sobbing uncontrollably.

when we got home we went and cuddled on the couch. storm and lark knew something was up when wolf didn't come back with us.

we decided to look at wolfs ashes, it had the box with his ashes and a rainbow with his paw print in it.

"D-Daniel?"

"y-yes Joey"

"I- I want wolf. I miss him"

I pulled joey closer into my chest on the couch.

"I know love, but he's at rest. hes no longer in pain. he will always be in our hearts"

joey and I continued cuddling.

we were looking at pictures of wolf. sharing all the old memories we had with him. we cuddled up with storm and Lark. we cried as we thought about wolf. but we had him right here. we had the memories. what I could say is "He may be gone but he will never be forgotten"

"D-Daniel"

"Yes love?"

"I love you"

I peck Joeys lips.

we cuddle back up on the couch. joey curled around me.

I rubbed his back peacefully, before Joey fell asleep, I wrapped him and I up. the empty silence consuming my ears.

until we meet again wolfie<3

a/n im sorry this is so short guys, I cried writing this. a month ago, December 23 my best friends saint Bernard named Bo passed away. we both had raised him since he was a puppy. before he died, he was blind, deaf and lost all mobility of his back legs so he couldn't walk at all. on December 23rd around midnight my best friend called me saying Bo was having a seizure cause he had regular seizures. then round 6 am she called me crying her eyes out and said Bo passed away. he lived 4 years past his life expectancy. he was a fighter. an amazing dog. I loved him so much. I will never forget him. he was cremated and we got his ashes. I still think about him daily. I loved him so much:(

I love you Bo. I miss you so much. I wish I could've gotten to say goodbye to you or hug you or pet you one last time 3