lark and her puppies. (fluff)

Joeys Pov: Lark just had her puppies about a week ago and they've already gotten so big!! Daniel was out of town camping with a couple of his best friends from college. Every day I would sit in the pen Daniel made for Lark and her puppies and play with all the puppies.

we were calling the puppies by the color of their collars so we wouldn't get to attached to them knowing we weren't keeping all but one.

but their was one puppy I couldn't help but get attached to the puppy with the yellow collar or as I nick named Moo-Moo. I know I shouldn't have nicknamed him but I couldn't help it. he looks like a tiny cow!!

fast forward a few days

Joeys pov: Daniel was finally home! he was downstairs grabbing Lark another cup of ice cream to eat while I was in the pen petting all of the puppies. Moo-Moo was laying across my leg. I picked him up and kissed his soft, Fuzzy head.

"I love you Moo-Moo. you're so adorable!!"

just than, Daniel said something that made me jump.

"Who is Moo-Moo??" he said with confusion in his voice.

I than began to stutter.

"Uhhh I..uhh"

just than Daniel put his face in his hands and let out a big sigh.

"Joey.... dont tell me you gave the dogs nick names... I thought I was clear on this... we cant give the dogs names because were not keeping all of them. were only keeping one puppy and we dont even know which one were even keeping!"

I than put Moo-Moo down and frowned. tears began filling my eyes and two fell down my cheeks and I started crying into the palms of my hands.

Daniels pov: I got home last night and was happy to be home with my boyfriend, mother and my 3 dogs and the puppies. I was downstairs grabbing Lark another ice cream while Joey was upstairs playing with the puppies and watching them.

right as I walked into our room I heard Joey say something.

"I love you Moo-Moo, You're so adorable!!"

"who is Moo-Moo??" I asked.

that made Joey jump. he than turned around to face me and began to stutter.

"Uhhh I..uhh"

than I realized he nick named the puppy with the yellow collar since he was always saying that puppy looked like a baby cow.

I put my face in my hands and let out a frustrated sigh as I tried not to become angry.

"Joey.... dont tell me you gave the dogs nick names.... I thought I was clear on this... we cant give the dogs nick names because were not keeping all of them. were only keeping one puppy and we dont even know which one were keeping!"

I said the last part with a shout.

Joeys excited, child like smile faltered to a broken hearted expression. tears filled his eyes and he started crying into the palms of his hands.

my heart broke at seeing Joey start to cry. I immediately felt guilty for shouting at him. I just didn't want him to get to attached to the puppies since were not keeping all but one puppy.

I immediately got in the pen and pulled Joey onto my lap as he was sobbing.

"shh, im sorry Joey.. please dont cry"

I rubbed joeys back in slow circles trying to relax him.

after about 15 minutes of Joey sitting in my lap, the puppy with the yellow collar came onto Joeys lap and cuddled up.

"Joey, I think you got a little visitor"

Joey pulled his face away from his hands and I wiped away and remaining tears on his cheeks. his eyes were red and puffy but he looked down onto his lap and saw the puppy with the yellow collar all curled up on him.

he smiled lightly and chuckled a bit.

I ran my hand through Joeys hair and smiled.

"He really does like you" I said with a smile.

he nodded and didn't say anything.

I rubbed his back again. "You okay Joey?" still feeling bad for hurting his feelings and making him sad.

he nodded. "Yeah im okay... just sad that we cant keep them all."

"Me too Joey, but dont forget we have two more months with them until their strong enough to leave Lark and we do get to keep one and we can decide on names and watch that puppy grow up. just like we did with Wolf, Storm and Lark"

Joey nodded and frowned again.

he picked up the puppy with the yellow collar and frowned even further.

"He really does look like a baby cow, Danny.."

I could hear he was on the verge of tears again.

"I know he does sweetheart. trust me, I know. I love all of them and him especially. but we cant nickname them. I know it was a cute nick name but we haven't made a final decision yet.."

I hated the fact I was ruining his happiness but Joey was clearly attached.

a tear fell down his cheek and I wiped it away and kissed his cheek making him faintly smile.

"I love you Joey" I said leaving a kiss on his head.

"I love you too Daniel"

He turned around in my lap and looked at my lips and leaned in.

our lips connected in a sweet and passionate kiss

when we disconnected we looked at the puppies. they were drinking more milk from Mama including the yellow puppy.

"Man their really going to town on mamas nipples" I said making joey giggle.

"moo- Yellow is a milk hog" Joey said catching himself on the nickname.

I acted like I didn't hear joey start to say Moo-Moo because I knew he was still sad about the puppies.

"He and teal are!"

Joey layed his head on my shoulders and for the rest of the day we played with the puppies and cuddled in bed watching Movies.