dancing in the morning. (fluff )

Joeys pov- I woke up bright and early in Daniels arms while he was still fast asleep. I lean over and look at the clock on the nightstand. 8:47 am. weird. Daniels usually awake by now. I lay back in Daniels arms and notice how the sun is shining across his sleeping figure. I stare at him watching his chest rise and fall back down. his lips pushed up into a smile.

I slowly grab Daniel and change positions so hes little spooning. he wraps around me, my hands on his back and his around my shoulders. i run my hand through his messy hair and he smiles then falls back to sleep. i couldn't help but take a picture of his sleeping figure. i suddenly got an idea. i decided to make a romantic breakfast outside with a table by the pool like i did for our 4 year anniversary.

i slowly crawl out of bed and replace myself with my pillow. Daniel cuddles into it and i pull the blankets back over him.

i slowly make my way out of the room and close the door behind me to let Daniel sleep in peace.

i head to the kitchen and begin making waffles with strawberries cut into hearts and blueberries on top.

i set up the table out by the pool and make a bouquet of flowers from my garden for Daniel. it had his favorites. sunflowers, lilacs, daises, tulips and a single rose.

i finish the set up and decide to wake Daniel since it was almost 9:30 am

i make my way up to the room and see him awake on his phone.

i greet Daniel with a kiss. "good morning Mr. sleepyhead" i giggle.

he smirks. "good morning! where have you been?" i smile. "i have a surprise for you" i grab his eye mask off the nightstand and cover his eyes.

i pull him out of bed and he grips on me. "where are you taking me? whats with the blindfold?" I smirk. don't worry were almost there!"

i hold his hand down the stairs and he starts to fall "Joey!" but i catch him. "i got you Danny, don't worry.

we make it to the slider door and i pull him outside to the table set up and make him stand in the sun making him look like angel. I stand by the table. "ok Danny, take your blindfold off!"

he slowly lifts it and squints letting his eyes adjust to the sunlight.

then he sees the table and flowers.

he puts his hands up to his mouth.

"oh my god, joey did you do this?"

I smile and nod my head. "I sure did, all for you baby"

he doesn't say anything but I pull him into my arms and he wraps his arms around my neck. I hear him sniffle and I pull him back a few feet and notice tears run down his cheeks. I wipe them away with my thumbs. "whats wrong my angel?"

"I- I just love you so much"

I push his hair out of his face and smile. "I love you too baby, always. your my angel, I wanted to do something special and spoil you and return the favor to you. I love you, Daniel. so much.

he collapses into my arms crying. I press my lips to his. his tears mixing in. he pulls back and lets out a sob and I hug him tight. "come on lets eat breakfast"

we sit down in the sun and Daniel takes his napkin and dabs his eyes and his cheeks.

I serve him his waffles and he smiles. "oh my god those strawberries shaped like hearts are so cute! Joey baby your awesome!"

we finish breakfast and we both stand up and take each other in each others arms. I wrap my hands around his neck and his around my waist. we slowly waltz around the backyard avoiding the pool. no slow dance music needed, just the sound of nature and our heartbeats.

Daniel leans his head on my shoulder and whispers. "I love you"

I don't know why but my heart skipped a beat but the way he said it, it was different

"I-I"

he presses his forehead to mine our hands interlaced. "I know Joey, I know my sweet boy"

we continue waltzing around the yard smiling and whispering sweet nothings.

after spending 2 hours outside Daniel yawns.

"come on lets go cuddle and take a nap"

Daniel yawns and lowers his eye mask again and grips my hand.

I guide the half asleep boy up the stairs to the bedroom

I set him down in bed and I take his robe and shorts off leaving him in his boxers.

Daniel then cuddles into my chest as he little spoons. now usually im the one little spooning but today was about spoiling Daniel and making him feel loved.

he leans his head on my shoulder and I rub his back slowly tracing the muscles in his shoulders.

soon, I hear light snores. I look down and Daniels asleep in his boxers and eye mask. I kiss his forehead slowly and gently to not wake him.

I then fall into a deep slumber with Daniel in my arms.

------later that afternoon. 4:37 pm-----

Joeys pov: I woke up, Daniel still in my arms.

I watch his chest rise and fall.

I slowly check the time. it read 4:37 pm

soon, Daniel slowly stirs in his sleep and pulls off his sleeping mask.

my eyes meet with his Green irises.

I kiss his forehead. "well hello there sleepyhead"

he smiles sleepily.

"hi Joey"

I kiss his head and attempt to sit up but he pulls me down.

"mmmm stayyyyy"

I lay back down. "how about we watch movies and order food and cuddle for the rest of the day."

Daniel nods sleepily. "id love that"

we order pizza and French fries and start watching movies.

I decided we were gonna watch IT.

halfway through the movie there was a jumpscare and Daniel screams and buries his head in my chest and gets to the point where he started crying.

I immediately begin to comfort the sleeping boy. "aww Baby don't cry. im sorry"

his breathing becomes rapid as he tries to stop his sobs.

"no no little boy, let it out. im right here. nothing will hurt you as long as im right here"

his sobs finally stop to quiet cries. "c-can we watch something else?"

I nod and turn off IT. we decided to watch Lion King which was one of our favorites.

towards the end of the movie I notice Daniels grip become tighter on me.

I Look down to notice Daniel fast asleep. his lips pushed into a small smile.

I turn the lamp off and pull him into my chest. he lays his head on my shoulder and I pull the blankets up and swaddle him in them.

I then kiss the top of his before whispering "te iubesc Danny" before falling asleep listening to Daniels heartbeat.