mean (angst/fluff)

Daniel Pov: I was scrolling through my twitter when a tweet caught my eye.

@misterpreda, why are you always so mean to Joey in his videos? you say your teasing him but its more of being mean. no wonder joey seems conscious of himself.

I immediately hung my head and shut off my phone.

am I really that mean to the point where I'm not noticing it? do I really make Joey feel bad about himself? am I really that much of a bitch? why is Joey with me?

these thoughts wracked my brain as tears filled my eyes.

just then Joey came into the bedroom in a giddy mood.

"hey Danny I-"

then he took one look at my face.

"whats wrong Danny?" he asked concerningly, trying to pull me into his lap. but I refused.

I shook my head as more tears fell. "I-its n-nothing"

"Danny, you're crying. that doesn't seem like nothing"

just then I started sobbing and hyperventilating. I pull out my phone and show him the tweet.

he reads it and his face shows pure shock. but not a single word came out of his mouth, not even him hugging me or holding onto me anymore.

heartbroken, I stood up and went downstairs to the couch and buried my face in a pillow, letting my sobs out.

minutes later, Joey joins me on the couch. I'm guessing he decided to break up with me for being to harsh and mean to him.

"Danny..."

oh how I love the way he says Danny.

he pulls me up and holds my chin so I'm looking into his beautiful ocean blue eyes.

"you are not mean to me. I'm sorry I didn't say anything in the bedroom. I was just in shock. you're the sweetest, the most caring, most perfect boyfriend I could ever ask for. I promise that you aren't mean. sure you may make jokes and we may tease each other but that's how we show each other love. I love you to the ends of this world and back again. please don't beat yourself up over that tweet anymore. they were wrong for dragging you down like that. I promise"

Joey's words soothed me. more tears fell down my face but this time they were happy tears.

"I love you so much Joey"

he kisses my nose. "I love you most of all"

Joey pulls me to his chest, rubbing my back in slow, soothing patterns making me drowsy.

I woke up a couple hours later, Joey not by my side.

I check twitter and I see Joey had replied to that tweet I showed him earlier.

@JoeyGraceffa: clearly you don't know what your talking about. Daniel is the most sweetest, caring and the most protective boyfriend ever. you don't see whats off camera. on camera we joke with each other and tease each other, but its our way of showing love. off camera, Daniel always makes sure I'm safe and happy and feeling loved. next time check your facts before you attempt to drag someone for false accusations"

tears fill my eyes once more at his words. I love him so much.

I stood up in search of my boyfriend.

a note fell off my sleeve. I picked it up and read it.

come to the beach-love Joey"

i stood up and grabbed my keys off the counter. I got in my car and drove to the beach.

i get down to the sand and see Joey standing there. he motions me over and i walk over.

he ties a blindfold around my eyes.

he leads me to whatever he has planned.

2 minutes later, he unties my blindfold.

in front of me i see a fire pit, with a blanket. scattered candles and rose petals making the sand look like its glowing.

it pulls on my heart strings.

"whats all this?" i say with a smile.

"Just a little romantic date night on the beach.

he motions me onto the blanket where he pulls me into his arms so my head is resting on his shoulder. he traces patterns on my back while kissing my head.

"why did you set this all up Joey?"

he smiles down at me.

"Just a way to show how much i love you"

a tear falls down my cheek and Joey wipes it away.

"i love you Daniel"

we whisper sweet nothings until Joey points and says "Danny, Look!"

i turn and i see the beautiful sunset.

"wow that really is pretty" i say in admiration, but then look back up at Joey.

"whatcha looking at" he says looking down at me.

"you" i say with a smile.

"why me?"

"because no sunset or any other sight could compare to your beauty"

he leans down and kisses me. god i love the feeling of his lips on mine.

the kiss becomes more deep and passionate, only because we were the only ones on the beach.

4 minutes later we pull away.

"come on, lets go home and cuddle and watch movies.

we go home and head upstairs.

we strip to our boxers and crawl into bed.

Joey pulls me into his side while we watch Harry Potter.

he gently massages my head and then looks down at me.

"i love you Daniel, more than you could ever know"

i smile. "i love you too Joey. so so much"

i then curl up in his arms and fade into a deep sleep with a smile on my face.