Chapter 0- Zack's Past, part 1

10 years ago, the day Zack ran away
Zack's POV

I found a cave that I'm hoping doesn't have anything living in it. I made my way inside. As I continue to walk inside, I noticed that this place is rather quiet large. I continue to look in amazement about this place when I accidentally fell into a hole when I wasn't looking. I fell for a few seconds before landing on something. Getting back up as I dusted myself off, I noticed that I can barely see anything in this new room I fell into. So I continued to walk when I tripped on something. As I got back up again, I looked at what I could of possibly fell on and noticed............it was a tail of some sort. I felt my heart drop thinking about what it could possibly belong to. I continue to stare but was interrupted when I heard a loud growl. I slowly looked up in fear and saw something that left me terrified.

Zack: W-what th-the? I-i-is t-that a-a...

Out of the shadows, a red creature came out to reveal its face. I began to move back as it was walking towards me.

???: What's a child doing here?

I began to panic and quickly got up before I tried to run. But I only took a few steps before its tail slams the ground in front of me to stop me from leaving.

???: How did you find this cave?

Zack: I-I...I-I...

???: SPEAK UP!

No one's POV

Zack cowers in fear once the dragon raised its voice. He squats down as he covers his head with his hands as he shuts his eyes.

???: I said...answer me!

Zack: I-I'm sorry! Please d-don't hurt me!

The dragon looks at the little boy confused. It tilts its head to the right as it studies him.

???: Why would I do that? I don't play with food.

Zack: ...F-food?

???: If you don't answer, then yes.

Zack: I-I accidentally fell through a hole and landed here, sir!

The dragon still has its head tilted. Then it brought its head closer to Zack and sniffs him. The beast pulls back after a moment, seems to be agitated.

???: Where is your family? Why are you bleeding?

Zack: I-I don't have a family. And I was attacked by Grimm.

???: I see...what happened to your family?

Zack: They...they...

???: What?

Zack lowers his arms slightly to face the dragon. He looks away after a moment.

Zack:...Abused me...