Connection

Chapter Text

Louis didn't even have any time to step out of the kitchen before he was bombarded by a loud blond with blue eyes. He flinched instinctively but kept himself from striking his own friend.

"Niall chill," Louis urged his friend to calm down from his random rush.

"I can't Louis, you don't understand what just happened to me," Niall explained before he pushed Louis over to a silent spot near the edge of the trail. He leaned forward and waved Louis to do the same. "So I meet someone and I really, really like him, but I need to talk to you about something."

Louis raised his eyebrow and couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "Look, if it's relationship advice or something, I can't help you there. Hell, I can't even get my own crap together."

Louis was far from being referred to as a romantic. With living most of his life in secrecy and constantly running from others, he didn't exactly have time to date people, let alone meet someone his own age.

"No, it's not really relationship advice. It's more like you doing me a favor that I'd forever be in debt to you," Niall clapped his hands together and stuck his bottom lip out into a pout. Of course, he was going to guilt trip Louis. "Please, I'm begging you. Just this once. I won't ever ask you again."

Louis rested his hands on his hips and held his chin up high as if it was his way of saying that he wasn't going to fall for Niall's puppy eyes. He tilted his head and looked unamused at his friend, waiting for the blond to just come out with what he wanted.

"I'm not gonna answer your question or do any favors if you won't go into any details," Louis urged him forward, but all he got in return was his friend roughly grabbing him by the arm and pulling him along like a dog on a leash.

For being an Omega, Niall had a lot of vigor behind his hold. He dragged Louis behind him by his forearm, causing people to stop and stare as they passed by hurriedly. Louis could only imagine what people were currently thinking; a Hell Hound Alpha--who wasn't really one at all--was quickly and clumsily being dragged away by a Hell Hound Omega.

And for what exactly? Louis hadn't a clue.

"Okay, okay, Niall I need my arm back," Louis felt Niall tug at his arm before stopping them both in front of an old log cabin, it's details looking identical to the ones all around them.

Niall dropped his arm and twirled around to stare Louis down, his finger pointing at the small cabin in front of them. "This is my house and the guy I like is inside right now. I need you to talk to him but I can't be in there with you guys because I have a scout meeting in about five minutes, so he'll ask you the favor."

Niall pushed Louis forward before he could get in a word, but Louis came stepping back with a deadpanned look. "I never gave you a yes or no to whether I accept this favor."

"But you also don't know what it is and I'm not gonna tell you," Niall retaliated.

"Oh for crying out loud Niall!" Louis raised his hands in the air before dropping them back down. "You're confusing!"

He was sure that the other person inside the cabin was now aware of their presence from how loud he yelled, but he didn't care for it. He just wanted to know what he was being dragged into.

"Please Louis!"

"Fine! But you owe me big time, no matter how big or small this favor is," Louis grumbled before stepping forward and rolling his eyes.

He silently cursed under his breath as he stopped in front of the door with his fist raised to knock. He paused, however, and looked back at Niall with a brooding look.