Chapter 15

"What exactly are you going to teach me?" I ask as he walks to the middle of the room. He puts his hands behind his back and looks around the room.

"Stand over there." He commanded and without really thinking it through I stand where he was pointing at. He squinted his eyes to look at me closely and observed me. "Don't move a muscle." He threatened, moving closer to me. Soon he was in front of me and his face was only a few inches away from mine, I didn't really know why my heart picked up the pace. I mean I've kissed the guy before!

Yeah but, you're just feeling the sexual tension.

What? There is no- you know what I don't even care anymore.

I wanted to back off because how uncomfortable I felt, but I was honestly afraid that he would eat me alive if I did.

"Kiss me." He whispered, his warm breath hitting my lips. I took in a breath when I felt his lips almost touch mine, what the fuck is wrong with me?

I did what he said and placed my lips on his, he seemed to tense up- he still felt uncomfortable. I'm surprised he even mentioned it, I usually have to force myself on him.

I was about to move my hands to his hair but he backed away.

"I didn't say you could move." He glared at me and my mouth dropped open just a tiny bit.

"What? Why? What are you even-"

"Shut up Angie." He said harshly, making my mouth shut close. Looking confused for a second, he turned around and I decided to mimic him behind his back. It was better than nothing. "I was right." He whispered to himself, making me stop my mimicking.

I opened my mouth to say something else but he beat me to it.

"Hey, have you ever noticed how you do anything people tell you to do?" He asked, turning back around. His hands were suddenly shoved in his pockets.

"No, I don't." I denied, but I knew it was kinda true. Helping people was my passion and if I didn't listen to them then how would I help?

His head tilted a bit to the right before he took his hands back out of his pocket.

"Get over here now."

My eyes widened at his voice, I immediately rushed over to where he was at.

"You were saying?" He mocked. I rolled my eyes before taking a step away from him.

"You're scary that's why." I point out.

He's the hot kind of scary though.

Shhh, he doesn't need to know that.

He can't hear me you, idiot.

Oh right.

A hand landed on my shoulder and I couldn't help but tense up. Maybe he was going to kill me out here. I wouldn't understand why though, I've been helping him so he should be doing me a favor.

My eyes shift to the floor because I could feel his stare starting to drill holes into my eyes. The burnt looking floor looked more comforting than him though, so I didn't really mind. A hand suddenly went under my chin, bringing it back up so I could see him.

"I need your help with something." He whispered, his eyes held a bit of a sparkle.

"If it's to prove your theory then I can't help you," I said, moving my head back so he wouldn't touch it anymore. His eyebrows furrowed after I said that, he seemed surprised that I even tried denying him. His hand gently touched my own and he pulled it to his heart. It was beating normally, unlike mine that was going quite crazy.

"Angie, I swear. It's not for the theory I honestly need help." He whispered, now looking more concern.

Help him, you idiot!

"What is it?" I whisper back even if we were alone. He shifted positions and was soon to my side, he linked both of our arms together. He took a couple of steps back and I did the same, it really didn't make sense. "What are you-"

"Do you see that up there." He interrupts me, I shift my head upwards to where he was pointing which was a small balcony inside the building.

"Yeah what about it?"

"I need you to go up there and get me a box." He says quietly as if he doesn't want me to hear him. My eyes travel to him and back up, I might seem crazy but I'm a chicken when it comes to many things. One is the fact that I could die if I climb up there.

"I don't think it's safe I might fall." I whisper, continuing to look at the inside balcony.

"You won't, I'll catch you if you do." I turn back around to face him, a small smile was on his face and I was shocked. It looked like a sad smile, a smile you put on so people won't know you're hurting. Just thinking about denying him made me feel like shit.

"Okay- where do I go to get up there?" I ask, my hands suddenly got sweaty and I had to rub them on my jeans.

"There are stairs, I'll lead you to it." He began to walk to the side of the building. I just followed behind him like a lost puppy.

When we get to the stairs I really didn't want to go up there.

---

"I got them?" I said, coming out more like a question. Without really looking in it or examining the box I picked it up and basically ran down the terrifying steps I had to come up some moments ago. Once I reached the safety of the lower ground I felt myself relax.

Kai didn't even mummers a thank you, he just took them away from me.

"You seriously got them?" He questioned looking down at the box and then me.

"Yeah? You said you needed help-"

"Listen to yourself. You risked your life to go up there and get a box for me." He said, his hands squishing the box just a little too hard on the sides. My mouth dropped slightly, he wanted me to go up there and now he's telling me I wasn't supposed to?

"Wait a second-"

"You need to say no." He said, looking back down at the box. A small smile made a way to his lips, not a complete smile but it was just enough for me to see.

"It's not like I wanted to, I trusted that you would catch me if I fell." I stated, making him look back up.

"And I would have, but if it were anyone else you would have still gone up there and gotten really hurt." He said, bending down and see the box on the ground like if there was something valuable in there, now I regret not checking it while I was up there.

"Okay, what does that have to do with anything?" I asked, crossing my hands over my chest. I needed to get home soon, so this had to come to an end.

He leaned forward, just like he had done when he told me he didn't know how to kiss. Except for this time, he was twirling a piece of my hair with his finger. His breath hit the side of my neck sending chills down my body.

"I'm going to teach you how to say no." He whispered, his hand slowly letting go of my hair and running down my cheek.

"A-and how will you do that?" I asked, too scared to look at him in the eyes, but I felt his state.

I do regret looking at his lips at that moment because he had a smirk.

And I knew that wasn't a good sign