Chapter 22

While on my way running back home I see all the busy roads trying to  get places, just like I was. Except I had the advantage because I was  moving faster than them.

And if I didn't get home in time the  school will call my mom and tell her that I didn't show up to first  period. My mother still doesn't let me skip for some stupid reason.

But this reason had my heart

pumping and I had to get answers from my mom this instant because the necklace was truly a stupid thing to fight about.

When my house came into view I began to slow down and catch my breath.

Girl, you've been running so much maybe you'll finally lose some weight.

Rude.

As  my hand came in contact with the doorknob I didn't really get a chance  to open it when it was already flying open and I was pulled in roughly  as the door was shut hard behind my body.

"Oh god-" I say as I try  and catch myself. As I turned to see who had shoved me inside I notice  how mock stuff was on the floor, going from small circular bells and  actual bells and other things that would make a noise of someone steps  on it. Being my clumsy self I almost tripped over my two feet trying to  turn around so face my mother who had a pissed off expression on her  face.

"Mom I'm so sorry, I know I should be in school but I had to-"

"Angie  what did you do with the necklace." She interrupts me. Her features not  changing at all, I did, however, relax because she wasn't going to give  me a school lecture.

"Kai has it, I think he went to go turn it in-"

"What?  No Angie, call him and tell him to not do that." She suddenly looks  afraid and it made chills go down my back because my mother never was  afraid before- at least not in front of me.

"I- he's not  answering. I've called many times." I say trying to explain to her.  "Lucio spilled out Kai's secret a-and he ran. Most likely trying to  get the necklace to the polices hands-"

"Angie listen to me, that  necklace can't reach the police. It's too precious for them. Whoever  has it on their hands will get murdered for it." She says, as confusion  came over my face she let out a sigh and carefully pulled me to the  safety of her room.

She turned on a lamp in her room to give us some light. As I sat on her bed she crossed her arms in front of me.

"That necklace has been in many generations and holds a big part of gangs- Mafia if you would-"

"Wait I thought Mafia's were way higher up there than us," I state, she nods her head while letting her hands down.

"They  are and even they want the necklace because it basically states power  and everyone wants that in this world." She sighed and I cleared my  throat because I suddenly was very worried.

"But why does Lucio's family want it?"

"They  were originally taking care of it for a very powerful man and someone  stole it from them. Now their family is now in danger as well as whoever  stole it and who hold it in their hands." My mothers face suddenly  falls. "I had to keep it here for a couple of days."

"Why did you have to keep it?" I ask, wanting to get everything out of her in this instant.

"I  have to protect you guys in some type of way. And if I didn't we were  going to lose protection." My mother shuts her eyes and rubs her  temples. "Your father just got a call and he's coming home today so we  can leave."