Chapter 11- New Friends

Y/N POV

When the school day ends, Uncle Aizawa and I talk about the sports festival.
"So...I can be a commentator with you and Uncle Mic (Present Mic), because I can't compete..." I ask for conformation.
"Yes," Uncle Aizawa confirms.
"Okay...what about the scouting?"
"For the internship, you can just do hero work with me."
"Okay..." I think for a moment, "Sounds good, I should probably start heading home. Have a nice rest of your day, Uncle Aizawa!" I say goodbye. I then start walking towards the door.

All of the other students in class 1-A block my way.
"Why are there so many students?" I hear some of my classmates question.
"We're the class that survived a real villain attack, they're scouting out the competition. Out of my way, extras!" I hear Bakugo explain, then yell.
"Scouting out the competition...I suppose that is sort of what we're doing. We are here to see all of the people in to hero course...I'm here to declare a declaration of war on class 1-A. Did you know what if we do well on the exam and make a strong impression during the sport festival, we might be moved into the hero course. Which means they will have to make room for us, which means replacing one of you..." I hear a familiar voice monologue.

That voice sounds familiar...

"...excuse me...sorry...pardon me...excuse me...pardon me..." I mumble, trying to politely get through my classmates to the door.
I get through my classmates and end up standing beside Bakugo. I look forward towards the door and see it crowded with other U.A students.
"Woah...that's a lot of people..." I mumble.
I then spot a familiar face in the crowd.
"Hi, Hitoshi! How was school?" I ask ask Shinso.
"Hey, Y/N, I almost forgot you were in this class. How's your arm?," Shinso says, walking towards me.
"It's a little better...it's still, apparently, pretty bad though...so I can compete in the sports festival..." I mumble with my head down, staring at my injured arm resting in a sling.
"What?!?That's not good, I know you were looking forward to it...but I suppose it's better than getting your arm hurt worse," Shinso replies.
"Yeah..." I sigh.
I look around at everyone else and see that a lot of the students outside the classroom are starting at me. I get really nervous.
"U-Um...hi?" I wave with my uninjured awkwardly.
"You're the student who took down the toughest villain and got badly injured..."I hear some of them say.
"How are you doing?" I hear some of them ask.
"Me? I'm alright! Aizawa and Thirteen are also doing well. They both got majorly wounded...I feel bad I couldn't have helped more..." I mumble the last part.
"No, from what we heard you did just as much as the pro heroes, maybe even more!" I hear a few say.
"Yeah! You did awesome!" I hear more of them say.

Aww...these people are so nice...

"Aww...Thank you...you all are too sweet..." I compliment, giving them a genuine sweet smile.

"Wow...we came here to see the class that defeated real villains and were met with a bunch of condescending brats..." A student that I believe is from class 1-B.
"Well, this girl seems pretty nice," One of the 1-B female students says, walking over to me and resting her hand on my shoulder that wasn't injured. She had an orange side ponytail and bight teal eyes.
"Thank you! My name is Y/N L/N! What's yours?" I ask the orange haired girl with a smile.
"Itsuka Kendo," She replies.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Kendo!"
"You too, Y/N!" Kendo gives me a bright smile.
"Ugh. Would you all shut up and move out of my way, I need to get through," Bakugo yells rudely.
Everyone is pushed to the side as he exits the classroom. I get pushed and almost fall, but Shinso grabs me before I do.
"You okay?" Shinso asks me quietly.
"Yeah, that's for catching me," I reply giving Shinso a small smile.
He smiles back.
"We've been talking for a while...it's pretty late...we all should probably head home," I announce.
"That's true, lets talk more later, Y/N!" Kendo says and walks back to the rest of class 1-B.
"I hope to get to know you all! Have a great day!" I say to class 1-B and start walking home with Shinso.
The enter walk, Shinso stays really close to me, closer than normal.
I wonder why...

When I get home and say goodbye to Shinso, I see Aunt Lucy and Uncle Mic (Present Mic) sitting on the couch chatting.
"Hey, Aunt Lucy! Hey, Uncle Mic! (Present Mic)"
They turn around.
"Hey, Y/N, How was school?" Aunt Lucy asks.
"It was good," I reply.
"HEY, Y/N!!! HOW'S YOUR ARM!!!" Uncle Mic asks.
"It's better..." I reply.
"THAT'S GREAT!!!" Uncle Mic exclaims.
"Could you please stop yelling..."I ask politely.
"Sure!" Uncle Mic stops yelling.
"So...I guess you're joining us for dinner?" I question.
"Yeah, if it's alright with you," Uncle Mic replies, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.
"Yeah, that's cool," I reply.

Uncle Mic's constant loud voice can be annoying...but overall he's pretty fun to have over for dinner...

"So, you're going to help Eraserhead and me commentate during the sports festival," Uncle Mic changes the subject.
"Yep...because I can't participate..." I glare at Aunt Lucy.
"Hey, don't give me that look...it was mainly Genka and Mom..." Aunt Lucy defends herself.
"Mhm..." I hum, an unimpressed look on my face.
"You might be able to do something in the sports festival if it's tame enough," Uncle Mic says.
"It's in two weeks though...I'm sure I'll be fine by then!" I state again.
"Maybe if there's an obstacle course...you just won't be ranked...you'll be doing it for fun," Uncle Mic proposes.
"Yeah! I like that idea!" I exclaim.
"Well...maybe I can help work it in...Anyway! Would you like a few tips on being a good commentator?" Uncle Mic asks.
"Sure!"
"Okay, the first rule, is annoy Aizawa every second or third sentence, at least," Uncle Mic starts explaining from there...

A/N: Hello, Everyone! Sorry...to me it just didn't make much sense for Y/N to participate in the sports festival with her terrible injury...I originally planned for her to participate...but I changed it...also! Because Y/N won't be competing in the sports festival, I have a few other exciting things coming up in this story...well...they will be fun to write...and I hope you enjoy reading it! Anyway...
Have a great day/night everyone!😊