Chapter 10- "Rest in peace, Midoriya..."

Y/N POV

When I enter class the next day, I hear a lot of chatter about 'appearances on the news'. I shrug it off and walk to my seat. Everyone is so busy with their own conversations that they don't notice me.

Just goes to show how observant all of you are...
Or that you all don't really care about my existence...
*sarcasm* Geez...Thanks guys...

Uncle Aizawa then enters the classroom, surprising to whole class.
"Mr. Aizawa, shouldn't still be in the hospital recovering?"Iida exclaims.
"My well being isn't important. Plus, there's something more important approaching...the U.A Sports Festival,"Uncle Aizawa states.
"But we just had the attack on the U.S.J! Should we really be doing the sports festival so soon?" Midoriya exclaims.
"The competition is extremely important. It's one of the most viewed events in the world and a major opportunity for U.A students to get scouted by professional Hero Agencies. Also...We have also upped the security. We are basically saying we won't let a villain attack stop us from continuing our lives," Uncle Aizawa explains.

They class cheers. Uraraka yells,
"Everyone! I'm gonna do my best!"
"Yeah!" Everyone cheers in response.
"I said I'm gonna do my very best!!!" Uraraka yells again.
"Yeah..."

I think everyone isn't used to Uraraka acting like this...

"Also...Y/N," Uncle Aizawa says.
"Yes?" I ask.

Everyone turns around with wide eyes.

They just noticed I'm here...;;;

"You won't be competing in the sports festival," Uncle Aizawa states.
"WHAT!?!?" I shout, turning my attention back to Uncle Aizawa.
"Have you seen your injury? There was a meeting with all the teacher, the principal, and your caretakers. It's been decided you can't compete. Sorry..." Aizawa explains.
"You have more worse injuries than I do!"
"I have multiple somewhat minor injuries. You have one big injury that is extremely serious. Your arm is in a sling."
I look down at my injured arm. I look back to Uncle Aizawa.
"It's not that bad," I tell Uncle Aizawa.
"Your arm would have been completely disintegrated if you had not knocked the villain back when you did," Uncle Aizawa shoots back.
I don't reply. I just sigh and mutter a "fine."

When lunch time came around I sat with Iida, Midoriya, and Uraraka. On the way we talked about motives for becoming a hero.
"Uraraka, What are your motives?" Midoriya asks.
"Oh! Uh...I'm actually doing it for the money," Uraraka answers awkwardly.
"What?!?!" Iida and Midoriya say at the same time.
"You want to become a hero for the money!?!" Midoriya asks for conformation.
"Yeah...*awkward laughter* My parents own a construction business that isn't doing very well...so I want to sigh with a good agency to help my parents live an easier life," Uraraka explains.

How noble...

"With your quirk, wouldn't it great reduce business expenses if you got a license? They could also sell the current construction equipment," I explain.

"Oh...I actually had that idea a long time ago...but my parents didn't want me to do something I didn't truly want to do...my parents wanted me to follow my dreams instead..." Uraraka explains in response.

"I see..." I hum.
"Wow...you probably have the most practical reason for becoming a hero than anyone!" Midoriya points out.
Uraraka shrugs.
Iida and Midoriya are visibly inspired by Uraraka's noble ambitions.

Uncle Toshi suddenly appears.

"Hey...Would you like to join me for lunch, young Midoriya?" Uncle Toshi asks, waving around a small packed lunch.
"*muffled snickering* If you made that, Midoriya is going to die..." I mumble.
"Hey...my cooking isn't that bad..." Uncle Toshi hears me and defends his awful cooking.
"Last time you cooked, my mom got food poisoning," I strike back.
"...Anyway, would you like to join me for lunch, young Midoriya?" Uncle Toshi asks again.
"Uh...sure?" Midoriya replies, visibly worried.
"Oh...don't worry! It's mostly store bought!" Uncle Toshi reassures.
"Ha!" I exclaim.
"You're act like you're the best cook to ever live..." Uraraka and Iida say and give me a look.
"You both have never had my cooking or baking before, what do you both know?" I respond to Uraraka and Iida.
"It's true...she's pretty good at cooking and baking...so is her mom, aunt, and grandmother," Uncle Toshi states.
"You've had her cooking?" Midoriya asks.
"Yeah, I know her mom and aunt," Uncle Toshi answers.
Uncle Toshi and Midoriya then walk away to eat lunch together.
"Rest in peace, Midoriya..." I say with my head down.