3jungkook

why is taehyung so hard on himself? the only thing i can do to stop him is hug him tightly. it helps, but not from the shaking.

"what can i do to stop it?" i whisper in his ear.

he shakes his head. "there's nothing you can do, but it will pass with time."

time.

i have less than 24 hours to get the man his money.

"shit."

"hm? what happened?"

"the money."

"what?"

"i need to find his money in 24 hours."

"fuck, i forgot. what are you gonna do about it?"

"i know someone who can help me, so i'm gonna meet him. he's an old friend of mine."

"okay. then i'm going with you."

well, that was a surprise. why would he want to come with me? he probably knows an old friend of mine is a criminal i used to be. does he want to prove something?

"what?" i ask, frowning.

"i want to come with," he repeats.

"no, taehyung, you shouldn't, really. it might be dangerous, and besides you can't even stand yet."

"i'm sure i'll get better, look."

he pushes himself up and puts his feet on the floor, but as soon as he tries to stand, he falls back down.

"hey, tae, it's okay, you should rest. i need you to be okay. i need you to get better. you're not pathetic, you're not a mess, you're... you're the best thing that ever happened to me, please don't... i don't want to ruin you."

another speech just came out of my mouth. that was unexpected.

"but-" he starts, but i interrupt him again.

"you don't have to say anything. just stay and relax. i'll heat your tea. you're safe here, believe me."

with that i kiss him on the forehead and repeat my attempt to go to the kitchen. this time i succeed.