20taehyung

when i lay in bed this night, feeling kookie's arms around me, i can't help but think about what would have happened if my father had a different username, if he hadn't stolen donghee's money, if the smirking murderer hadn't taken me to jungkook. and that's when i realize that, no matter how much pain i felt, no matter how afraid i was, no matter what kim heechul made me live through - if it brought me and jungkook together, it was all worth it. my heart and brain both agree on this now.

so i decide to tell him and see if he has the same opinion about this.

"jungkookie," i whisper, turning slowly to face him.

he smiles as soon as he sees my face. this is his special smile, the one he only gives me. i feel so selfish right now. "yes, tae?"

"i think it was all worth it," i say, looking him straight in the eye. his brows furrow in confusion.

"what do you mean, babe?"

"i mean exactly what i said. everything that happened last month, all the stuff we went through, all the things we lost - i think it was worth spending this night with you."

jungkook's expression softens. "taehyung, i... i don't know what to say. i made you go through so much pain, and fear, and doubt, but you still-"

"it wasn't you, jungkook!" i protest, interrupting him. "you're the one who saved me. you're my medicine, my security, my... everything," i add shyly. "so everything that happened to me was worth it."

is it an illusion or is jungkook crying?

he blinks his tears away and smiles. "baby, i... i totally agree with you," he finally says. "i'm so happy to have you. nothing could compare to the feeling of holding you in my arms."

thank god it's so dark. i bet my face could serve as a red light on an american highway.

"you think so?" i say, giggling.

and before jungkook can ask what i mean, i lean closer to him and kiss him sweetly on the lips.

we fall asleep still hugging each other, a peaceful smile on both our faces. and my heartbeat is steadier than it has ever been.