18taehyung

i sit on jungkook's lap, staring at the computer screen before me. i still can't believe what happened, because my father, whom i haven't seen since i was 2 years old, has suddenly turned out guilty of ruining my life again. i throw a glance at him, typing something on the keyboard, and meet his apologetic gaze.

"what?" i ask defiantly, turning everyone's attention to me.

"are you two... dating?" he wonders aloud.

seriously? is that what he says after... never mind, i wasn't expecting any more from him.

"it's none of your business!" jungkook spits, tightening his grip around me. he carried me all the way here on his back, because it still pains me to walk on my own.

"he's right, but as a matter of fact - we are," i say, our eyes still locked on each other. he averts his gaze and continues typing.

"great," he mutters under his breath, and this single word has the strength to stab me the second time.

"how dare you?!" jungkook hisses at him. "after all you did-"

"jungkook," i say quietly, interrupting him. "let him find donghee first. he'll pay for everything anyway."

my father shudders hearing my words, but doesn't say anything. in a minute he lets out a triumphant laugh and turns the computer towards us. i gasp when i recognise the man on the picture, and jungkook squeezes my hand.

"is it him?"

i nod my head vigorously. "yes, it is. how did you find him?"
"i found his photo through the bank account i robbed and... well, it's hard to explain, but a security camera caught him walking down itaewon street. he's there right now, but we can follow him wherever he goes - this program will notify me if any other camera sees him. it can even be a smartphone webcam."

"does this mean you can leave already?" comes a question. i turn around to see the hospital security guard watching us with a bored expression, his hands folded over his chest. we've been using their equipment because my father said the program he needed wouldn't work on a smartphone.

"no, we still need to track him," my father explains, shaking his head. "but i only need this one computer now, so-"

"wow, thank you." the guard takes the last chair available, turning the second computer towards himself. "just be quick about it!"

"it doesn't depend on us," jungkook retorts and turns to yoongi, who's waiting in the corner. "can you stay here and watch him? tae and i should go tell jimin to call hoseok."

"sure," he says, plopping into the chair we were just sitting in. jungkook puts me onto his back and sets off towards the elevator.

"so are we really... dating again?" he asks hesitantly while we're sliding up to our floor. "i mean, after all the problems i caused you-""problems?" i repeat with a chuckle. "it seems rather like it was me who brought you problems this time." i pause and clear my throat. "but one way or another, i can't live without you, jungkook, and that must be quite obvious. if i'm too much of a burden, though, i'll understand."

please, let him say no!

"burden? are you even serious right now? you're the best thing that ever happened to me, baby! i only said what i said because i don't wanna hurt you. it's the only thing i'm afraid of."

oof, my poor heart.

"i'm happy that you don't see it the way i do," i say laughing. "and i'm happy that we're... officially back together again."

he giggles. "me too."

when we reach my room, jimin is already expecting us on the edge of his bed. his face lights up as he sees us smile and raises an eyebrow at me.

"so? you found him?"

"he found him, to be exact," i say. "but yeah, you can call your friend."

jimin nods and dials a number on his phone, which he must've been holding in his hand all this time. earlier we sent hoseok to get some backup, and now we have to inform him where to look for the smirking mr. shin donghee. hoseok picks up almost immediately, and i can hear his loud voice through jimin's speaker.

"yes? do you know where he is?"

"we do, actually!" jimin replies, smiling. "i mean, jungkook and taehyung know. i'm giving them my phone."

he hands the phone to us, and jungkook nods thankfully. "hello, hoseok. a security camera caught sight of donghee on itaewon street a minute ago, and he's currently still there."

i hear hoseok scoff. "well, i could've guessed so far myself. itaewon is known as one of seoul's most dangerous neighborhoods."

jungkook chuckles. "yeah, i know that."

"oh, okay. anyway, what if he leaves there?" the policeman wonders.

"my father is tracking him through some special program," i explain, as jungkook moves the phone closer to me. "if he's spotted somewhere else, we're gonna call you again. just hold the phone close to you."

"okay, sure! we're setting off then. wish us luck."

"yeah, let's hope this operation works out," jungkook mumbles with a sigh.

he can't even imagine how much i agree with him.