Prologue

Jayla

Wow, 5 years.

These 5 years have just flew by.

I don't even know where to start. Ok, the twins, Ciara and Cater Hamilton are 5. They were born on October 17, and since that day, they've been the best thing in my life. Just waking up to their voices puts a smile on my face.

I changed Cassie to Ciara because I thought it sounded better.

I know I know, Hamilton isn't my last name or Kidd's. After I gave birth, I called Kidd repeatedly to see if his name should be on the birth certificate, but he didn't answer. After the 13th call, I just chose a random name. Hamilton sounded good.

The twins know who their father is, Kidd. I've shown them plenty of pictures of him. When they ask where's daddy, I always say the same thing, he's with Grams.

After I left Kidd, I immediately moved out and to Washington D.C. I couldn't understand why he did what he did, but I've learned to live with it. Of course, the first year was hard but it got easier as time with on.

I work as a assistant at a law office. I had to finish college and after that, instead of being a full time lawyer. I've decided to be a part time law assistant.

I've met a few people while living in DC, but one person I'm close with is Rasheen. He's 29, and the sweetest guy I've ever met. He's my neighbor too. When I was moving in, he saw I was pregnant and offered to help. From then on, we've been inseparable.

No, we're not together. We're honestly just really good friends.

While living in DC, I've kept in touch with Grams. Honestly, I think she's the reason why I got over Kidd quicker than I thought I would. Whenever I was upset, or just needed to talk, she was there.

When she invited me to the 5 year Miller family reunion, I declined at first. But hearing the disappointment in her voice, I gave in. I couldn't say no, she's been there for me, the least I can do is go see her for a few days.

The least of my worries is seeing Kidd, but what I'm really worried about is how the twins will react to him. Like I said, they've seen plenty of pictures of him but never in person.

Kidd

These 5 years have been just that. 5 years.

I'm still the king around this bitch and I make sure every one knows that shit.

There's always this one thing on my mind though. I try to push it back but it keeps popping up.

Jayla and my kids.

I don't know if they're ok, where they are, nothing. Every morning I wake up, I imagine what it would be like to hear Cassie and Carter laugh and smell the breakfast Jayla is cooking.

But then I don't hear or smell anything so I know it will never happen.

With work, I've been hella busy. Diving head first to keep my mind off Jayla and my kids and it helps a lot. I travel a lot more, I've gained more territory and I have more men under my belt.

After Jayla left, I looked for her everywhere. You would think since I can find anyone in the world, it'd be easy.

Wrong.

I still haven't found her and it's kinda driving me crazy. I just need to know they ok.

Peaches. Man, after Mya beat her ass, I cut her off real quick.

But other than that, I've been fuckin a few hoes here and there. Never the same pussy twice though. Hoes think they special if you fuck twice.

In a few days, the 5 year Miller family reunion will be here and it'll be good to see my family. It'll bring up memories I don't need but it'll be good to be surrounded by love.

I know Grams invited Jayla, for a fact. But I'm not sure if she'd show up. I'd pass out if she do. I know she lookin good and then I'd finally see my kids.

That'd be nice, but it probably won't happen so I won't get my hopes up.