25

Kidd

Damn, today is the day. Grams and Mike's funeral.

Jayla been fine, just her normal self. Right now, she's getting the twins ready. I just finished getting dressed in an all black tux. "We're ready babe" Jayla said, coming in the room with the twins behind her. She has on a black dress that stops at her knees.

She quickly sprayed the twins with the own personal body spray then we all headed towards the car.

The drive to the church was quite, except for the radio playing and twins singing. Jayla grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I quickly looked over at her, then the road. "U good?"

She looked at me and nodded with a small smile "I'm fine"

Pulling up to the church, I got Ciara and Jayla got Carter. I kissed Jayla lips softly then we walked up the stairs of the church. It seems like everyone was just taking their seats, so we were just on time.

Jayla took Ciara and went to our seats up front while I went to talk to Lil M, DJ, D, and Rasheen. "I'm not sure if Michael will show up but just look out iight? Spread out and be careful"

They all nodded and Rasheen followed me to the front. We both sat. It was Rasheen on the far end, then Jayla with her head on his shoulder, Ciara, Carter then me.

A hour into the service, the pastor called people up to view the bodies. I expected Jayla to stand but she didn't. When everyone viewed the body, I got up and grabbed Jayla's hand. "Ky please" she begged pulling back.

I ignored her and we walked up to Grams casket first. I couldn't bring myself to do anything but kiss her her forehead and whisper I love you. Jayla kissed Grams cheek, then we walked over to Mike's casket.

Jayla gripped my hand tighter as we stood over him.

"I'm so sorry daddy"she said as tears fell down her face. She bent down and kissed his cheek "I love you"

Walking off, she sat down next to me and put her face in my chest and began crying harder. I wrapped my arm around her and held her, while placing soft kisses in her cheek and jaw line "It's ok baby, let it out"

"Why did he half to die Ky?" She sobbed "He didn't do anything wrong"

I moved close to her ear "Baby, listen. I'm promise I'm gonna get Micheal for this"

She nodded and head slightly, wiped her tears and looked up at me "I love you so much Ky"

I pecked her lips " I love you too ma"

Just as the pastor walked up to the podium, and opened his mouth, a bullet went straight through his chest and screams filled the church immediately.

I looked back to see Michael and 2 others big ass niggas shooting randomly at people. I grabbed Jayla and the twins " Lay down and don't move"

I rushed over to where Rasheen was, and started firing. "Yo where Michael went?" I asked, over the gun shots. Just as he was about to answer, I hear Ciara.

"Daddy" she screamed. I look over and see Jayla knocked out and Michael dragging the twins away from her.

Rasheen quickly goes to check on Jayla "Go get the twins. I got her"

Exiting the church doors, I see a dark van speed off. Lil M, DJ and D come beside me and we rush to the van DJ and D came in.

"Hurry up nigga, they got my kids" I yelled. D drove faster and pulled up right in the side. I slide the van door open and fired into the passenger window hitting one big nigga then I closed the door back. "Slow down, and hit the back"

D slowed down and ramed the van into the back of the other van.After the 3rd time, the van crashed into a tree on the side of the road. I quickly hopped out and ran over to the van with my gun pointed.

The van door was busted off and I could see the twins both unconscious and my heart stopped.

"Cece, Carter" I called, and they didn't move. Slowly walking inside, I carefully picked up both the twins and carried them to the other van.

"What happen to them?" Lil M asked. I ignored him and layed the twins down gently in the back of the van.

Everyone else went to the other van while I stayed with my kids. I prayed silently, just as everyone called my name. "Wha- shit"

I was knocked down by Michele, who I guess was trying to run away.

Instead of hearing anything he had to say, I just made sure I hit him hard enough to keep him down, then pulled out my gun and made sure he was dead.

"Let's go. We gotta get the twins to the hospital"

Pulling up to the hospital, I carried the twins and made sure they would be taken care of. Then I drove back to my place. "Jay?" I called out but got no answer. I ran up to the guest room where the twins sleep and she wasn't there. Then I checked my bedroom and still, she wasn't there.

"Yo" Rasheen answered. I called him, instead of running around like a dumb ass.

"Where Jayla?"

"We're at the hospital. D called us and said the twins were here"

"Iight"

I hung up and made my way over tilo the hospital. Once I walked in, Jayla immediately ran over to me and hugged me tight. "Why u cryin ma?" I asked, hugging her back.

"I thought something happened to u. And the twins are hurt Ky. W-"

"Calm down" I interrupted "I'm fine and the twins are fine ok?"

She nodded and I pulled over to where everyone else was sitting. I pulled her into my lap and held her while she put her face in the crock of my neck.

After what felt like hours, a doctor came out. "Ciara and Carter Miller?"

We all stood up "There's Nothing to worry about. Everything is fine, but they do have a few scratches, but there fine"

A small spread across my face "We can see them?"

"Of course, follow me"