11

Jayla

I sat on the cliff, that was still maybe 6 feet high. I remember this place and it still looks the same.

Last time I was here, I was hurting. Again, I'm hurting. It seems like whenever I come here, I feel better. The pain seems to just blow away with the wind.

Or maybe it's the fact that I have more of an open mind here. I haven't cried yet and I've been here for about 4 hours.

Even though my dad wasn't the best dad, he was still my dad. Whenever I'm going through something, I always say the same thing.

Everything happens for a reason

Maybe my father dying was a way to let me know something good was about to happen.

Death brings life with it

After a few more minutes, I stood up and walked back to the car. Being back in California feels good. Well it's kind of bitter sweet. But I'm glad I came back.

I stopped by the hotel to get the twins some sleep clothes, stopped by the store to get them some candy then drove back to Grams place.

"Mommy" the twins yelled running up to me.

"Hey babies, y'all had fun with Sheen and daddy?"

They nodded as I passed them their candy. "Thank u" then they ran off. I walked into the living room and sat down next to Rasheen. I put my head on his shoulder as he rubbed my arm.

"U feel better? " he asked. I nodded "U sure?"

"Yea, after I went and thought things through, and had time to myself, I feel better." I layed my head in his lap "What'd u and the twins do today?"

He shrugged "Just played out back. Those lil demons got 20 outta me" he chuckled.

"Maybe if u stop cursing, they won't get money out u. Duhh"

He popped me in my mouth "Stop being slick with me"

Did this nigga just pop me?

"U ain't my daddy. Don't be hitting me like that"

Rasheen stood up "Come out here punk. Fight me" he smiled. I'm never one to back out a fight so I hopped my ass up and followed him outside.

I took off my shoes and put up my set. While he was slipping off his shoes, I sneak attacked that ass and jumped on his back.

"U fucked up" he laughed. While I was trying to figure out what he ment, this asshole was running to the pool.

"No Rasheen stop" I yelled trying to get off him. Since I wrapped my legs around his waist, he had his arm holding them while the other had one of my arms.

Just as I was about to protest, he jumped in. Soon as I popped up, I started swinging.

"My hair nigga"

I don't know where he was but I kept swinging. I heard him laughing just as he grabbed my arms. "Just chill Jay" he laughed out.

I opened my eyes "It's not funny" I pouted.

"Iight I'm sorry" he kissed my nose and pulled me close. I wrapped my legs around his waist and layed my head on his shoulder. His hands were on my back.

"Tomorrow I'm callin up all my friends, u should come chill with us"

"Who these friends ?" he asked, spinning slowly in the water.

"D, La, Mya, DJ, Rere and Jamarcus. And Kidd will be there"

"Oh, just had to make sure I wasn't the only nigga" he chuckled.

"Oh and D and La are married. Mya and DJ married with a lil one in the oven and Rere and Jamarcus are divorced. Just a heads up"

He laughed "Why I need a heads up?"

"Cause my girls fine as hell. If I didn't tell u, you'd be fucked"

"Iight u just looking out for a nigga"

"Always" I smiled. "Where's Kidd?"

"Upstairs, looking down at us" he chuckled. He spun around so I could see the house and yeap, Kidd was looking out the window, smoking a blunt and watching us.

"Yo that's scary" I laughed into Rasheen's chest. "He asked about our friendship to u?"

"Yea, he said we're to close to be friends but that's all. I ain't worried about him though. We know we're just friends, that's all that matters"

"Right Dr.Phil"

He pinched my thigh under the water "Keep jokin"

"Sorry Sheen, but I'm getting cold."

"Well get out nigga"

I laughed and made my way to the steps. I took off my shirt and let the water out "U staying in?"

"Yea, this feel good"

I looked towards the house and saw Kidd come out with 2 towels. I walked over to him and took one "Thank u. U know it's weird that u were watching us" I said, wrapping myself in the towel then pulled off my pants.

"Lemme talk to u real quick"

I put the towel on the table for Rasheen. Then followed Kidd inside and up to the guest room. I closed the door "Where the twins? "

"Grams room"

"Oh I didn't know she was here" I said wrapping the towel around me tighter.

"She not. Anyway, wassup with u and Rasheen. Forreal"

"We're friends. Never have we fucked or kissed" I told him, truthfully. "We're just close enough to do certain things, like cuddle, and not think anything about it"

"Ok"

I smirked and walked closer to him "And it shouldn't matter what we are Kidd." I said. "No need to be jealous anyway" I shrugged as a small smile spread across my face.