13

Kidd

After I called some guys to move Grams car and bring her body to the morgue, Jayla and I made our way home.

I didn't tell her about seeing Michael yet, I know she'd be freaked out.

D and DJ know wassup, along with Mya and La. I plan on telling Rasheen when we get back, but I just need to find a way to tell Jayla. If I say it wrong, she'd start assuming and if I tell her right, she'd still assume.

I looked over at her in the passenger seat. Shaking. I reached over and grabbed her hand, causing her to jump.

"Jay relax." I told her softly. She squeezed my hand a little and sighed loudly.

"What's going on? Don't lie to me either"

Damn, I wasn't expecting to tell her so soon.

I cleared my throat "Well Mike, your father, I don't think he had lung cancer. About a year ago, during my spiral, Grams brought me to the park we just left from. To talk and help me straighten up. While we were there, I remember seeing your dad. Healthy as ever. All 3 of us had a conversation and when I looked out towards the swings, I think I saw Michael staring our way"

Immediately, her grip became tighter "Micheal? But D shot him. I was there when he did it"

"I know Jay" I didn't know what else to say because I remember seeing him and Kevin layed out on the floor. I don't know.

The ride home was quite. Pulling up to Grams place, it was maybe 3 in the morning. Soon as we walked in, Jayla started grabbing her things and the twins things, putting them in her car.

"What u doin?" I asked, once I saw her bringing the twins outside to her car.

"Leaving. It would be pretty dumb to stay here, don't u think? He'll most likely come here and I'm not risking my babies lives"

The twins were in the car and she was going back inside to wake up Rasheen, but I pulled her into me stopping her.

"Where u gonna go?" I asked, putting my hands on her lower back.

"The hotel room"

"U think that's safer then being here? " I asked. Seriously, I have guns layed out in Grams place and a security system. A hotel room, no.

"Actually I do"

I chuckled, she's serious "Y'all can come stay with me. No protesting, y'all coming"

She shrugged "I'd have to go get our things from the room first"

"I got it. Just get Rasheen, go to my place and wait up for me" I told her.

Once they walked out, I gave Jayla my house key then drove to her hotel room.

After getting everyone's things, I stopped by Ihop to get everyone breakfast. When I pulled up to my house, it was maybe 8.

Leaving all the bags by the front door and putting the food in the fridge, I walked around looking for Jayla and the twins.

Rasheen was in a guest room, sleep. And the twins were in the next guest room with Jayla.

I kissed the twins forehead. I picked Jayla up bridal style and carried her to my room. She was knocked out. I understand why too, we had a long and crazy night forreal.

After laying her down, I took off her clothes and put on a big shirt. I showered then climbed in behind her. I know she was knocked out cause she didn't come closer.

Wrapping my arm around her tightly, I fell asleep.

Jayla

When I woke up, Kidd and I were cuddled up and the twins were at the foot of the bed watching tv and eating, with Rasheen.

I stretched then went looking for my things. Once I found all the bags, I dragged them to the guest room I fell asleep in.

I pulled out the twins outfit for the day, then mine. I brushed my teeth "Ciara, Carter. Come here"

They ran into the guest room and stood against my thigh "Y'all still hungry? "

"No we ate sausage. Pancake. Egg. Everythinggg" Ciara smiled as Carter rubbed his stomach.

"Ok, go brush your teeth then come back"

I quickly text Mya and La, telling them everyone is hanging out. They replied ok.

"We finish mommy, see" Carter said, as him and Ciara flashed their teeth.

"Blow"

They blew their breath in my face and it smelled good. I put on their outfit then had them go back into Kidd's room to watch tv.

Soon as I finished getting dressed, Rasheen walked in "Where y'all going? "

"We're going to spend time with some of my friends. I layed your clothes out so get dressed" I slapped his butt as I left out the room. I walked into Kidd's room and walked up to him. "Kidd, wake up"

He groaned, flipped over but didn't wake up. I put my finger in his ear and he jumped up.

I laughed and moved my hand "Meet me in the bathroom"

He sat up and walked into the bathroom, I followed "We're meeting everyone at the park so get dressed" I said, as he was brushing his teeth.

"No, to dangerous"

"I been told u that I wanted to do this. After we get back, we can do the whole lock down thing"

He looked at me through the mirror and rinsed out his mouth. "No"

"Please Kidd. I already got the twins and Rasheen dressed then I text La and Mya about it. Everyone down, I'm just waiting for u"

He faced me "Gimmie some lips then we'll go"

"No, we can stay inside then" I shrugged, walking out but he grabbed my arm stopping me.

"Jay I'm kidding, but can we just spend some time together? Please?"

"Let us go out and we can spend some time together"

"Kiss me first"

I pecked his lips and he gave me a blank stare, then smiled wide.

"We can go, but I want my date soon" he said.

"It's not a date" I corrected.

"Sure, but we need to talk about our relationship situation"

"There is no relationship situation, but ok whatever" I shrugged.