8

Jayla

I knocked on the door and covered the peep hole. "Uh move your hand or u not coming in" Mya said from the other side.

"Bitch open the door"

The door flew open and a pregnant Mya stood in front of me. I hugged her tight. I haven't seen my baby in so long.

"Jayla, what u doing here? Girl u look good. Your ass is huge, who u fckin?"

I laughed as we walked inside. She led me to the living room and we sat down "I'm here for the 5 year Miller family reunion. Thank u and nobody girl" I said answering all her questions "I didn't know u were preggo, and damn"

I grabbed her hand and looked at the huge ring on her finger "U and DJ got married?"

"Yeap, 2 years ago. I would have invited u, but u know. People disappear and shit. It be like that sometimes" she laughed.

I smiled. She looked good as hell, pregnant and shyt "We're DJ?"

"Out working on his car, but where's the twins? I wanna see how cute they are"

"They with Kidd and Rasheen" I told her. She eyed me and I laughed "Rasheen is a friend, I swear"

"Hmm. If u say so, but what u doing after u leave here?"

"To see La and D, then my dad. U talked to Rere lately? " I asked her.

"Yea we talk every few days. But I wanna come with u so wait for me" I chuckled as I watched her struggle off the couch "Yea laugh and don't help"

I brushed her off and walked around until I found the garage where DJ had his back to me. He was bent over, doing something in the hood.

I slapped his ass "Damn daddy" I laughed. He turned around ready to kill someone until he saw it's was me.

"Damn Jayla" he hugged me tight "How u been? I ain't see u in forever"

"I'm good, what about u? I see u doing big things" I said, referring to the ring and baby.

He caught on and chuckled "Yea u know how I do. But where the twins at?"

"With Kidd and Rasheen"

He eyed me just like Mya "U fckin him?"

"No he's just a friend" I laughed "I swear"

"Hmm, anyway, we need to chill and catch up. I mean all us, DJ, La, me, Mya, Kidd and that Rasheen. I'll call Rere and J to slide through too"

"Mya and I are on our way to see La and D now. But I don't have Rere number anymore, text it to me"

I gave him my new number just as Mya walked in "Jay and I going to catch up with a few. I'll see u when I get back" she kissed his lips.

"Iight, be safe. I love you "

"Love you too" Mya and I called back. I heard him laugh as we got in my car. "So how u been? " she asked as we drove to La and D place.

"Good. I live in DC, nice place, nice job, my babies. What about u?" I smiled looking over at her then the road.

"Things have been good. U know drama follow me everywhere, so I'm shocked nothing has happened."

"U know what u having?" I asked, dying to know. I can't believe Mya, the girl who didn't want kids, is pregnant.

"A boy" she smiled.

I couldn't help it "Awww" I cooed. She looked so happy, I had to. She laughed at me as we pulled up to D and La place.

I knocked on the door then covered the peep hole "Naw move yo hand B, or u gettin blasted. Real shit"

That's D, most def. "D open the door. With yo bitch ass" I laughed.

I heard him laugh "My nigga lil Jay" he said opening the door and hugging me. "Wassup ma, where u been? "

"Out nigga, where La?"

I heard her scream as she came running to the front door. She pushed D and hugged me tighter than D and DJ combined. Damn.

"Jayla look at u, looking thick and shit"

"Girl yes, and u looking like u just stepped out of vibe magazine"

She started doing her model walk as Mya and I boosted her up "Ayee, yes. Work work work"

We all laughed as she invited us in and into the living room. "Where u been mamas? U missed a lot of shit" La said.

"I been in DC. And I know. I missed Mya wedding and her pregnancy. What else?"

"Rere and Jamarcus got divorced" Mya said.

"Back it up like a dump truck, they got married?" I asked, shocked.

"Yea, for 3 years. Then things started to fall apart. Nobody know why, they just did" La said.

Damn.

"Oh and your father, he um" Mya hesitated to finish.

"Girl u started, so finish"

"I think it'll be best if u go see him Jay. Seriously" La said. I immediately started freaking out. What the hell is going on?

I rushed to my car with Mya and La behind me. I don't know why the mood changed but it must be something bad.

I sped to his house "He's at the hospital Jay, not here" Mya told me. Tears filled my eyes as I made an illegal u turn to the hospital. "He's in room 361"

I didn't even wait for them, I just ran in to his room.

I pushed the door open and saw my dad layed in an hospital bed hooked up to different things. The tears fell.

I walked to his bed "Daddy?" I called out, my voice cracking. His eyes slowly opened as a small smile spread across his face. "Why are u here? What's going on?"

"U look beautiful baby girl" he said ignoring my questions as a vicious cough followed. He looked at my stomach then my eyes "Where's the twins?" he coughed again.

"With Kidd. Daddy why are u here?" I asked again. He sighed before looking away. My heart started to beat faster as the worst started to run through my mind.

"I have stage 4 lung cancer"