14

Kidd

Once I ate , I showered then got dressed. Meeting everyone at the door, Jayla mugged me. "What?" I asked, fixing my snapback.

"Did u really need an hour?"

I shrugged as she rolled her eyes and walked out to my car. The twins were in and Rasheen sat in the back with them.

I followed Jayla on her side of the car and turned her to face me. "Wassup with u? U need to chill with all that attitude"

"Whatever" she snatched away from me. I grabbed her arm again, not to rough but I had a grip on her.

"What I say?"

When she didn't reply or give me a slick comment, I pecked her lips.

Driving to the park, the twins and Jayla sang every song that came on the radio.

"Y'all ready for school?" Jayla asked once the song went off. She turned the radio down and looked back at them.

"Yes" they yelled.

"When y'all wanna go get your clothes? " she asked.

Ciara gasped and put her hand over her chest "We get to choose mommy?"

Jayla chuckled. "Yes mamas, y'all both can choose"

"Y'all wanna go shopping with me?" Rasheen asked. Carter quickly nodded.

"Yes Sheen"

"No I go with mommy and daddy" Ciara said.

"No I go with Sheen and daddy" Carter yelled.

Jayla faced them and put fake hurt look on her face "U don't wanna go shopping with mommy Carter?"

"No mommy, Sheen said men only. No girls"

Jayla laughed while I chuckled. I'm glad he doesn't want to be surrounded by females.

"Really Rasheen? U said that?" she asked.

"Uh, not word for-"

"Lier, your turning my son against me" she fake pouted.

"Quit all that Jay" Rasheen chuckled. Damn, he got her on lock down cause she faced forward and didn't say anything the rest of the ride.

Pulling up to the park, I see everyone sitting at a bench under a canopie. I grabbed Carter and Ciara while Rasheen pulled Jayla back to talk to her.

I would get upset and want to know what they saying but I trust Jayla and even Rasheen said they have nothing going on.

Jayla

"U seriously can't be mad at me though" Rasheen said, grabbing me by my shirt and pulling me closer, since I was almost an arm length away.

I slapped his hand away and mugged him while crossing my arms "Yea I seriously can. U need to stop tryin to punk me in front of my kids. That shyt ain't cool"

"Ok I don't try and punk u Jay, I do punk u"

I rolled my eyes and walked away until he pulled me back gently. I stood face to chest with him. "Just chill Jay. I'm kidding. I'm always kidding with u ma, u know that"

"Well can u not do it in front of the twins? " I asked, looking up at him. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Whatever makes u happy ma"

He threw his arm over my shoulder as we walked over to where everyone was sitting.

Ciara ran over to us and pulled both our hands over to La and Mya.

"And this is mommy and my Sheen" she smiled at them.

"I'm your Sheen, Ciara?"

"Shh" she mugged him then turned towards Mya and La with a smile "My Sheen"

Once Ciara left, I introduced Rasheen to the girls then he walked over to Kidd, DJ and D. Saying to much estrogen.

"So u sure y'all haven't fcked, kissed or nothing? " La asked with a smirk on her face.

"No we haven't. I think I would know if we kissed or fcked. We're just close, he's family"

"Hmm, u know we don't believe u right?" Mya said, rubbing her stomach and eating a pickle with whip cream on it.

"I figured" I said as we all laughed.

"We heard about what happen to Grams and your dad Jay" Mya said with a sad look on her face.

"Yea, I wanted to know if your doing ok?" La added.

I sighed " I'm doing fine. I'mgetting through it easier than I thought I would honestly. But I know the funerals will hit me hard"

"We'll be there for u, u know that" La told me. I nodded and smiled a little.

"I know"

Talking a little more with the girls, I can say I had a good time. I called the twins from the play ground and we all walked over to the guys. I sat down between Kidd and Rasheen but put Ciara between Kidd and I then Carter between Rasheen and I.

"Damn Jay, u look good. I can't believe u up and left us like that" Dj said shaking his head and rubbing Mya thigh. She was on his lap. "No bye or nothing"

"I'm sorry Dj, I was just going through something and needed to get away"

"I hope u feel better now though"

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't" I smiled.

"Shyt,5 years? U better be feeling fckin amazing" D said, making everyone laugh.

"Aye, the babies" La nudged him. The twins giggled then walked up to D and held out their hands.

"U cursed uncle D. $5 in the swear jar" Ciara said.

"Oh hell naw"

"$10 in the swear jar" Carter said. D didn't say anything else, just passed them the money.

"They got u nigga" Dj laughed. Carter and Ciara looked at me. Carter pulled me lower so he could whisper in my ear.

"Is that a curse word?" he asked, loudly. I chuckled with everyone else and nodded.

"$10 uncle DJ" Ciara said.

"How come he only got 5 first then 10? I thought I was your favorite uncle"

"Daddy and Sheen say we hustlings" Carter shrugged with his hand out.

Dj payed the twins and kept quite.