6

Kidd

The kids were sleep, Grams was out and Rasheen was passed out on the couch. Jayla and I were the only ones up. Right now she in the shower while I'm sitting on the porch.

I was sitting on the swing shyt and smokin a joint when Jayla came outside. She had on a spongebob tank top, sweat and her hair was in a ponytail.

She sat on the steps and didn't even acknowledge me.

After a few minutes, she spoke "Before I leave, we need to figure out a way for u and the twins to spend time together"

"I'll just come see them and u can bring them here sometimes" I said.

She nodded "I forgive u Kidd. But I don't want any type of relationship with u. All I want is for us to be cordial for the twins"

I looked over at her "Cordial? Jayla we were married. We expressed our love for each other everyday. How do we go from loving each other with everything in us, to being cordial? ."

Jayla sighed and ran her hands over her face "Don't sit there and act like this just happened Kidd" she looked at me with pain and sadness in her eyes "This is all an effect of what u caused."

"Jay I-"

"Your sorry, I know" she chuckled "I loved u soo much Kidd. I thought we would be together forever. U had me feeling like I was living a fairytale. But once I saw u kissing that girl, reality hit me and I realized everything was a lie. Y'all didn't have on shirts and the kiss seemed so intense. The fact that y'all would have fcked I if I didn't walk in, hurts me. The fact that u were upstairs while I was downstairs, hurts me. The fact that u disrespected me, hurts me"

I can tell she was crying because her voice started cracking "Jayla, I swear on everything. Peaches ment nothing, the kiss ment nothing."

"She must have ment something if u gave in so easily" she chuckled, wiping her tears. "I'm not gonna sit here and tell u what I did was ok, cause it wasn't. But I'm ready to move on"

"Does this mean we can rebuild our relationship?" I asked, hoping she would say yes "Jay, I miss u. I miss us. If I could take it back, I would Jayla. Just give me a chance. Don't give up on me"

By now, I was sitting right beside her. My hand was on her waist and I right up by her ear, she was facing away from me.

"I'm not about to go through anymore heartbreak for u Kidd. I already told u how I felt, and honestly I'm over it. Leave it alone"

"How do I expect me to leave this alone? We had our whole life planned out together. We were gonna be a family, have more kids together"

"U weren't thinking about our future when u were with Peaches so don't think about our future now."

She stood up and walked inside, leaving me alone on the steps.

I'm not the type to just give up. Jayla is the only one for me and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get her back. She can't run forever, and when she tired of running, I'll be right by her side.

After about an hour of just thinking on how to get Jayla back, I stood up and walked inside.

I didn't plan on staying the night so I just went home.