Chapter 23: Reciprocal Variations

Travil Swift

"Took you long enough." I hear her voice say.

Turning to look, I found her leaning against a cool black motorcycle with her arms over her chest. I looked away from her body and up to her daring eyes as she makes her way towards me.

"John has some important tools you need to stalk in. Make sure she looks like her husband killed her and stay quiet. She would often excuse herself from the meeting to fuck with her husband in their suite for twenty minutes." I tell her.

John, the driver, pulled a suitcase from the trunk and handed it to her. Taking a step towards her, I whisper in her ear.

"Take your time wisely. Don't mess this up." I almost touched her earlobe with my lips but I walked past her before I could do something I'll possibly regret.

Let's see if she can pull this off cleanly. It wouldn't be easy and she'll be in for a surprise.

Winter Blackburn

The bastard won't be doing anything in this assault and I prefer not to have him interfere. I looked up the tall building, looking for the designated floor and calculating it with my eyes.

Three minutes...

Within seconds, I found myself in an alley beside the building. Pulling a gun from the suitcase, I shot it in an open window with a rope and a hook. It clung perfectly to the rails and I pushed a button on the belt on me. The rope pulled me in a quick pace and I was starting to run up the building.

Of course silence isn't taken for granted. Slipping in the small window, I managed to get in an empty room. I walked through the room to the closed door. Peeking out, I spot cameras in every corner of the hallway. I looked at the door to read the room number.

603... And I was supposed to get in room 605.

Opening the case, I grabbed the perfect device I needed. With a bit of work, I jammed the signals for a few seconds and sure enough, the building's systems are not working right. I burst out the room and in to the room I was supposed to go.

The shower is running... I can smell the scent of shampoo and the humming sound of a male's voice.

Glancing around, I slowly made my way in a good hiding spot before the bathroom door opened. A guy in his twenties came out with a bathrobe on and I could have sworn he looks like someone.

He turned for the sofa and sits down, lighting a cigarette. His back was turned against me as I rolled my eyes when he took his phone out and scanned the pictures of women that are naked.

Men...

I pulled a handkerchief from my pocket and slowly made my way towards him.

A call came and he answered his phone.

"Yeah? Oh, my wife would be happy about it. She should be... Those last hours of her life should be spent in joy." He laughs then ends the call.

Last hours?-- what do I care? A job is a job.

After putting the phone down, I placed the handkerchief over his mouth and nose with my free arm holding him down. He struggled for a while before falling unconscious.

I injected him a few things to make him stay immobile for hours as I grabbed his phone and sent some files to email as Travil had briefed me with a while ago.