Chapter 24: Ventured Seacoast

Winter Blackburn

I arrived in the damn beach house by night time but I was too pissed to even look at the view.

Who does he think he is? He's underestimating me and it's not funny by the way he threatened about the others.

I'm not concerned about them, especially Autumn, because I know she can manhandle the entire Retsnom Organization in a manner of hours. But he's underestimating our abilities too much. And that alone pisses me off.

Since I'm out of town, I sent the vehicle back and took a cab out and it wasted me a lot of time sitting in the back.

Travil let me rest for a while in a different room but I couldn't sleep. So here I am, sitting on the roof with my legs folded under me in an Indian seat. I look towards the sky and cursed by how everything I look at reminds me of my past.

▫▪▫⏪✴FLASHBACK✴⏩▫▪▫

"Winter."

"Yes, Father?" I asked after I came in his office.

"Tomorrow, the Boss along with his heir to Clause Industry will give us a visit. Entertain him." He said, not bothering to look up at me.

"Understood." I nod before leaving.

I looked around for the guards and then ran to the top floor. I ran in the attic and opened the window, crawling out to the roof. I look for a spot and comfortably sat down, staring up the dark sky filled with bright stars.

I clutched the golden locket on my neck with a sincere look. Father gave this to me and said it was from my mother... I don't know but when I asked my mother she had no idea about it... Whatever it is, I can feel that it's important to me.

I can suddenly hear some groaning and awful sounds from below. I perched my eyebrows together and crawled on the roof to where the sound comes from. My eyes couldn't get any wider when I see mother with no clothes and bent over the railings of the terrace. A man... One of my father's bodyguards stood behind her, topless with his waist rubbing on her butt.

What--

⚫⚫⚫

"I told you to get some rest."

My eyes snapped open and found Travil standing just a bit far from me. He glares at me while I rolled my eyes.

When he strides towards me I was already on my feet but I tripped and was on the verge to fall off the roof with my ass on the sand but I felt a hand on my wrist and got myself pulled to a hard wall.

"You're fucking clumsy." The wall vibrated and I was too curious so I looked up only to be greeted by Travil's stern face.

"I didn't tell you to get me." I murmured, still in my position against his chest.

"I didn't save you. I literally pulled you back so I could kill you myself." He answers and I rolled my eyes.

"A small height of twenty feet can't kill me." I replied, pushing him away and letting myself fall completely off the roof.

I flipped in the air and landed on my feet with my knee bended and my other hand against the white sand. I whipped my long pony tailed hair and stood to walk back in the beach house.

▪✴▪

A maid in the beach house gave me something to wear covered in a rubber coat and I frowned in confusion. I pulled the coat off and froze at the sight.