Chapter 19: Insinuate the Obvious

Autumn Mist

Damn. I can't even lift my foot without wincing. That Spring totally bitched me. I immediately blacked out in the middle of our fight that I didn't know what happened. Summer won't tell me who won the match and even Spring looked clueless about it. Ugh.

I slowly made my way to class for another day in school. Winter has been gone for four days straight and it's beginning to worry me. I know she said she'll handle it but, fuck the shit she's gone for too long.

The door opened and revealed Cavis's dark hair and smiling face. He smiles at me and gives me a kiss before sitting beside me.

"Where's your friend?" He asks.

This jerk is asking me a fucking question that I've been meaning to ask ever since she disappeared. And this guy's brother took her.

"She has been missing for days now. We can't find her anywhere." I answer, acting a bit innocent and a bit puzzled.

"How long have you met her?" He asks as I tried not to raise my eyebrow.

Hmm... This is fishy. He's asking personal matters about Winter... Is she acting a bit obvious that Cavis begins to be suspicious of her? Winter won't make that kind of mistake. If she flaunts and gives them a few hints, I guess I'll have to follow her lead.

"I've known her since we were 15. She was a handful all right and she's a big troublemaker. But I guess someone who knows her better can hold her down." I tell him, trying to hide the smirk I'm wearing.

It's true anyway. Out of all troubles she has done, I was always the one who stops her. But I was nothing compared to Summer. One soft voice from her can make Winter stop her bullshits.

He nods slowly as he looks down on me.

"Do you want to know where she is?"

I think I know where this is heading.

"Of course. I've been worried sick about her."

▪✴▪

"AHH!" I yell as I sit up.

"Geez. You scared me." Cavis tapped his palm on his lap to calm him down.

"Where am I?"

All I can remember was following Cavis through the woods and then I felt pain on the back of my neck before I can see nothing. Seems I blacked out.

"Don't ask questions. Just follow me." He stands as I followed him out.

I realise that I was no longer wearing my school uniform. Instead, I'm wearing a red dress with black leggings.

"I prefer red than blue." Cavis said as I frown at him, clearly puzzled.

The walls seem to be made with iron and the floor was tiled.

What kind of place is this? Don't tell me I'm in their base? He-- he brought me here?

I followed him in the elevator as we descend down the floors. When the door opened, my eyes couldn't get any wider when I see Winter in the middle of the room, surrounded by frail bodies. Let's just hope they're still alive.

Oh boy. I never knew she's gonna be this wild in just a few days.

"She has been angry for a couple of hours since this morning. It's getting out of hand and my brother is out for a while. We did everything to make her stop, even with a syringe but it only got worse. We can't touch her without getting violent but Travil owns her so we need his permission first before touching her." Cavis said in a weary tone.