Chapter 16: Gajeel and Levy

* Please note this is a backstory as to avoid any confusion *

The small blue haired girl sat alone quietly reading a book, quite a difficult book for a first year middle school student.

Isolated and separated from the schools' society, Levy passed her time by quietly reading and studying, though she was still the target of bullying from the other students.

Not one or two straggling bullies, Levy had quite a few, but even so...when she found herself discouraged and insecure she found solace in her novels and writing.

Until one day, things had escalated and she was beaten, her things thrown and damaged, Levy was left alone to cry in the rain. As if all her frustration and sadness had been funnelled into this moment, she felt like screaming and pounding her fists into the ground but all she could do was cry quietly.

The rain had picked up and continued to fall mercilessly, drenching the poor girl and her possessions, although the sound of rain continued to roar, she was given sudden shelter, halting the pelting of rain on her. She looked up to see an umbrella and a big hand holding it, which curtly passed it to her. Confused but welcoming the relief, she noticed the boy picking up her things, getting drenched by the rain as she sits under the strangers' umbrella.

The stranger offered a kind hand to help her stand up, walking together in a comfortable silence, the boy had noticed Levy lagging a bit in her steps and suddenly she was lifted onto his back, still protected by the umbrella. The boy walked and asked for directions ever so often to take the girl home. Levy had smiled at this strangeness curtness and kindness, feeling safe and resting her head against his back she enjoyed the slight swaying as he took graceful strides towards her home.

After dropping her off and finding a temporary break from the rain under the roof of her home, proper introductions were made.

Levy had learned that the strangers' name was Gajeel, Gajeel Redfox. She had heard the name many times, and true he matched the image of the scary person described, but his personality was not like the stories and rumours.

He was kind and had a gentle demeanour.

Gajeel was famous for fighting, and for a delinquent appearance along with being 'scary' looking. True he was not conventional, considering for his age he was very big in height and stature, his wild jet black hair and eyes that seemed to glare daggers wherever his gaze wandered, Levy could not help but think there was so much more to him than the stories and besides, his appearance wasn't that scary. At least not to her.

He had always been alone, with so many negative things swirling around, he never had the opportunity to make friends, let alone talk to anyone. 

Levy took the first step forward and asked him nervously to eat lunch together at school.

Their relationship developed into something richer and grander over time, they spent whatever time together and sometimes they would sit in silence while Gajeel just napped and Levy read whatever novel she was into at the time.

They grew into really good friends, for the first time in a long time they laughed and shared stories, tales and random banter that had no special meaning to anyone else but them.

Things had been quiet for a long while, until Levy was cornered by some bullies, ready to hurt her again. However, Gajeel had intervened, fighting for her sake and getting injured in the process, for which Levy cried, even more painful than if it were her that had been hurt.

She cries hot tears as she gently tended his wounds, scrapes and various bumps from the brawl that had occurred.

Gajeel had cradled her face and wiped her tears away with his thumb as he comforted Levy, he reassured her that he was alright along with speaking his mind and saying he was glad that she was alright and didn't get hurt.

As if time suggested it were the perfect opportunity, Gajeel faced her honestly and admitted he had loved her. Levy cried, tears of joy for she felt the same.

They had shared a loving kiss and that was the beginning of their relationship.

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed the little back story for the beginning of Gajeel and Levy, next back stories will be coming soon, since I'm trying to write and post them all together. I've been okay with my writing lately and my writers block isn't so... constricting, so I'm able to crank out a few chapters now and hopefully write a few more to make up for taking so long.