Chapter 1: Fantasy

Chapter 1: Fantasy

5 years later...
Kyoto, Japan
The moonlit night is peaceful. An abandoned building looks more like a ruin as a result of the battle waged in it. Inside the building 4 figures stand among the bodies of a dozen ghouls. The remains of their kagune scattered around. The 4 figures are dressed in black long coats with masks covering their faces. They each wield quinques and look to the tallest member of the group. He spins the scythe in his hands as he approaches one of the few remaining ghouls. He wears a white mask with a black line tracing a smile. The eyes are shaded black with the right eye bearing a painted purple scar. His scythe is master work with the sleek curved handle and the black blade with a crimson streak running through it.

"Hei?" The tallest turns to a bulky member of the 4. He wore a mock version of gas mask. The man shouldered a spiked cylindrical club that glowed reddish hue.
"Yes, Huang?" He answered. Huang turned his head to the ghoul who seemed to be staggering up. The other two tensed up with their weapons ready. Hei held his hand out.
"Yin, Mao, stand down. Now." He ordered. The two obeyed as Hei lazily swung the scythe as the ghoul's kakugan flared to life as material began to cover his face and his kagune formed around his torso and right arm forming a three-fingered claw. Hei smirked behind his mask.
'A Koukaku and a Kakuja. Interesting.' He thought.
"I'll handle him." The others nodded. The ghoul roared.
"I'LL TEAR YOU APART AND EAT YOU!"
Hei tilted his head to the side. "You're welcome to try."

The ghoul launched himself at Hei with his claw extending for the killing strike. Hei nimbly jumped over before slashing downwards carving the ghoul's back open as he roared in pain. He turned and lunged again. Hei slid under his lung and spun his scythe slicing the ghoul's leg off. The ghoul staggered forward and glared at Hei with insane eyes.
"KILLLLLLLL!" He went for an overhead swing. Hei blocked the strike with both hands. He slid backwards before freeing one hand before pulling to the side slashing across the the ghoul's Kakuja mask, blinding him and destroying the mask. The ghoul howled in pain swinging blindly. Hei spun the scythe before swinging it downwards, effectively cutting the ghoul's claw off. The ghoul fell to the ground shouting obscenities as Hei faced the blunt side of the scythe towards the ghoul. He clicked a switch and the blunt side crackled with reddish energy. He brought it down on the ghoul with the ghoul's body convulsing with the energy suppressing its abilities. The ghoul's eyes rolled back into its head as he fell back unconscious. Hei nodded at his work.

"Take him back to Tokyo. Interrogate him then harvest him. I'm going back to 20th Ward for now. Any info you get, you send to me. Am I understood?" All of them stood straight and nodded. He nodded and clicked his scythe turning it back into a suitcase. He handed it to Yin as slipped the mask off revealing the face of Takeshi Arima.
His hair was still same length it was before. He had maintained it that way. His grey eyes were storm clouds. His slightly tanned skin his sharply chiseled features made him look like a dark mirror of Kishou Arima. Fitting for the man's brother. Mao approached him, his cat mask still worn, and opened a suitcase. Takeshi smiled and placed the mask in. He took out a dual blade holster and shed his coat. The blades attached to the holster were heavy duty Ukaku quinques. His design. He strapped them on and walked out of the building as a helicopter landed in front of it.

Multiple suited men came out with body bags in hand. They all gave him a nod as he proceeded forward. He stepped into the chopper and took a seat. He smiled as Kishou Arima sat in front of him.
"Long time no see...Nii-san."
Arima smiled. "How have you been, Takeshi-kun?"
Takeshi shrugged, "Another successful op. I'm going on leave again. Back to 20th Ward. There's a wonderful coffee place there. It's called Anteiku. You should go there sometime."
Arima nodded with a smile. "I just might. You hear about the surge in ghoul activity in the 20th Ward?"
Takeshi nodded grimly, "From what I heard from the ghouls my team interrogated, there's three major ones. The Gourmet, The Binge Eater and Jason. The Binge Eater and Jason seem to have connections with Aogiri Tree. They're my main target right now."
Arima nodded. "Who's overseeing the interrogation?"
Takeshi gave a smile. "Juuzou with Kijima as a backup."
Arima raised an eyebrow. "That's more than a little concerning."
Takeshi shrugged. "The more time we take, the more people who die. Now, I'm not opposed towards all ghouls. You know that, but Aogiri Tree is slaughtering our investigators. I won't allow that."