Chapter 13: Aogiri Pt. 3: Planning and Clash

CCG 20th Ward......
Commander Marude stood in front of several investigators as they observed a blinking black dot.
"This is a tracker equipped by members of Syndicate to track their location in case of capture or severe injury. The tracker has lead us to the 11th Ward where our overhead surveillance showed large ghoul presence in a compound not far away from the 11th Ward HQ." He said as the investigators nodded.
"Must've been pretty sloppy to get himself caught." A voice commented. The voice belonged to one Juuzou Suzuya who sat there with a mocking smile. Marude frowned at that before a crisp voice cut through the silence.
"Hei usually gets himself caught on purpose to allow us to track him. This is a classic strategy he employed back in Kyoto."
They all turned to see a tall man dressed in a black coat with blond hair and blue eyes. He had a cigarette in his mouth as he smiled at them. At their looks of inquiry he took out the cigarette.
"November 11. At your service." He said with a bow. "I am acting commander of Syndicate, since Hei is indisposed at the moment." He said gesturing to the screen.

Aogiri Base, 11th Ward.....
Kaneki sat in a cell as he looked at his handcuffed wrists. They were starting to redden due to the contact against the metal. He looked at his wrist band that covered his watch and tracked. He smiled before taking it out and pressing hard against it as it glowed a dim red. He wrapped it in the band and tossed to the other side of the cell as he heard footsteps approaching. He saw Yamori and Ayato outside his cell. He looked up at them with a smile.
"If you're my lawyers, I'll think I'll just plead guilty." He said as Ayato glared and Yamori smirked.
"Tatara wants to take a look at you. If you're useless, I'll take over and have my fun with you!" He said with an insane glint in his eyes.
"I don't swing that way." He said as he was wrenched up by Yamori and walked passed the various other cells. His uniform was a bit more frayed than usual and a large blood stain one the torso where he was impaled. They walked into a room occupied by a single occupant and raised an eyebrow. The occupant was a tall white haired man in a long white coat. He turned revealing dark eyes and a red ghoul mask that covered his nose and mouth.
'Obvious evil leader much?' He thought to himself with a smile as he was presented before the man he assumed to be Tatara, based on what the others said.
"So this is the one?" Tatara asked looking at Kaneki. Yamori nodded with his arms crossed. Tatara looked at Kaneki as the young ghoul stared him down with indifferent grey eyes.
'Like Arima.' He thought with narrowed eyes. 'His demeanor is calm, but his legs are slightly tensed. Interesting.'
"What is your name?" He asked. Kaneki stared back calmly.
"Ken Kaneki. Employee of Anteiku." He answered with a polite nod of the head and a smile. Tatara turned to Yamori.
"You went into Yoshimura's territory?" He asked with narrowed eyes. Yamori shrugged.
"The old fence-sitter isn't gonna do anything and that's where the scent led us." He explained. Tatara sighed and in less than second impaled his hand into Kaneki's gut. Kaneki, a little shocked, grimaced before Tatara withdraws his hand stained with blood as Kaneki coughed a bit.
"Ow." Kaneki remarked before his wound healed in an instant and he smiled as his kakugan flared.
"You're lucky I the suppressants are still working." He said. Tatara looked at the kakugan with narrowed eyes.
'He activated voluntarily. He's well aware of his abilities and barely flinched when I impaled him.' He thought. 'He's too experienced for a half-ghoul of a few months.'

Kaneki saw Tatara's eyes narrow and smirked.
'So he has suspicions about me. Good. It's been a pain in the ass to deal with ghouls that only a section of their brain working.' He thought glancing at Yamori for half a second.
"Put him back in his cell. We'll figure out what to do with later." Tatara ordered as Yamori nodded and went out followed by Ayato. Tatara heard a buzz on his communicator and tapped it.
"What?"
"Boss? The CCG's sending units back to the 11th Ward. Looks like they're preparing for something big."
Tatara narrowed his eyes and growled.
"They're going for a full-on assault. Get our defenses ready and prepare to leave on a moments notice."
"Understood."