Chapter 6: Doves Pt. 3

A/N: Another fight. Yay!

2 days later, Anteiku.....
Kaneki sat on a chair as he looked at the package. He opened it and looked at the mask from Uta. He smiled a little. It was an all-black leather mask with a lipless grin with teeth that had a zipper for eating with an eyepatch for the right eye. It fastened around one's head and only revealed the one-eyed kakugan.
'Definitely my style. I just wish it wasn't for such a grim event.' He thought with a sigh before looking out as the afternoon rain fell lightly.
'It's time.'
He put the mask on and placed his hood up. His overall outfit consisted of the eyepatch mask, a shirt sleeve hooded jacket, long black pants and combat boots. His eyes were cold, but held a hint of remorse as he knew what he was about to do. He sighed and walked out before heading to an alley and running up the wall to the roof.
'I'm sorry Akira.' He thought. Kureo was the closest thing he had to father figure and mentored Arima and himself. Akira was a light in a dark place for him and he would honestly do anything to make her happy. Even if he had to die.

At the meeting point....
Kureo leaned against the sewer walls while Amon was holding a clearly frightened and scared Hinami. Kureo smiled as he checked the time. He snorted.
"Heh, should've known that the ghoul wouldn't show up. They're trash and will abandon each other." He said with a grin as he looked at Hinami.
"You, little ghoul, will make quite the quinque once the CCG harvests you."
"No she won't. You won't do anything to her." A voice called out as Kaneki walked in and looked at them with cold grey eyes. Kureo took a look at the eyes and backed up a little as they reminded him of Kaneki's gaze.
'Interesting.' He thought as Amon held the girl and released Doujima. Kureo clicked his quinque case and released Fueguchi.
"I'm a little disappointed. I really wanted to harvest the ghoul's Kakuhou." Kureo said with another smile.
"How far have you fallen, Mado-sensei?" Kaneki asked while Amon and Kureo's eyes widened. Amon tensed as he let go of Hinami and moved in front of Kureo with Doujima at the ready.
"How do you know Mado-san?" He asked while glaring at Kaneki. Kaneki shook his head.
"That's for me to know, and you to find out Amon-san." Kaneki said mockingly. He knew Amon's type. Strong and tactical to some degree, but vulnerable to emotional prompts. Mado narrowed his eyes as he saw the ghoul baiting Amon.
'He's good. I have to finish this before he presses the advantage.' He thought as he immediately thrust Fueguchi forward in a high speed charge.
'He knows I'm manipulating Amon. Alright, I'll play.' Kaneki thought as he lazily dodged the thrust and released two Rinkaku tails to grab on to the blunt areas of the spiked whip and forcefully wrench it to the side bringing Mado into a wall with a crash.
"Mado-san!" Amon yelled as his mentor was slammed into the wall. He glared at the ghoul who retracted his kagune.
"You bastard!" He yelled as he charged at the ghoul. Kaneki raised an eyebrow he dodged the first swing before weaving between each strike as he analyzed Amon's fighting style.
'He's a heavy hitter. Bulky and somewhat fast. Lacks technique though.'
He sidestepped an overhead swing and lightly slammed his elbow into Amon's face, making him stumble back.
"I'm not the one who's threatening children." He coldly remarked. Amon glared.
"That's not a child. It's a ghoul. You ghouls are what's wrong with this world."
He declared while swinging at the ghoul. Amon heard a small growl before the ghoul promptly disappeared as his eyes widened before he felt a fist smash into his face and then another in his gut. He coughed blood as the hit areas flared with pain. He saw the ghoul in front of him with narrowed eyes before appearing in front of him and twisting before slamming his foot into Amon's gut making him cough out more blood as he flew into the wall and shattered it leaving an imprint.
'Fast....' He thought before falling to the ground unconscious.

Kaneki watched Amon fall to the ground with satisfaction before he heard the creaking of the spine whip. He dodged the strike and ducked under a swipe as he watched Mado grinning like a madman with blood running down his head.
"What did I say about holding back Kaneki?" He said while grinning. Kaneki narrowed his eyes before unfastening his mask.
"Why Kureo? Why a child?" Kaneki asked sadly as Kureo sneered at him.
"A ghoul is a ghoul, Kaneki-kun, age regardless." He said with as he lunged again. Kaneki sighed before weaving through the thrust and landing next to Hinami who was currently in a catatonic state. Kaneki saw this and glared murderously at Kureo.
"What did you do to her?" He asked as he took the girl in his arms and jumped out the way of another whip thrust. He landed opposite to Kureo and gently placed the girl against the wall.
"What I always do with ghouls. I strike the fear of man into their hearts. So they remember who is more powerful! So they remember who hunts them!" He said as he aimed his next strike at the still frozen Hinami. Kaneki's eyes widened. He released his Rinkaku tails and thrust them forward, blocking the whip spike. Kureo frowned as the tails wrapped around whip. He tugged at it, but the tails' grip was like steel. Kaneki looked at him as his one-eyed kakugan flared brightly and the veins deepened. He violently threw the whip up making Kureo's arm strain as it followed the whip's trajectory. Kaneki disappeared again as Kureo's eyes widened before he felt a grip around his throat and was promptly slammed into the wall forming cracks. Kureo gasped as he stared at the glowing kakugan of Kaneki. He smiled as Kaneki's kagune tail slithered and pointed to his neck with its threatening red glow.
"Go ahead. Finish me. Save your precious ghouls. You've killed some too haven't you?" He sneered as Kaneki's grip tightened for a second before it loosened. He heard an angry growl as Kaneki loosened the grip. He felt the hand shake.