FOUR

And I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that
Yeah I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that
But nothing is better sometimes
Once we've both said our goodbyes
Let's just let it go
Let me let you go

The next morning, I woke to yelling. I walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs. Mark and Jaxon were standing nearly nose to nose, yelling.

"What are you doing here?!"

"I came to see my girlfriend."

"You are the biggest dumbass I know! You just gave away her location."

"How?"

"You have enemies too, Mark. They follow you everywhere. I've personally had to get rid of them while you've been with her! Now, you have brought them here."

Really? Jaxon has had to get rid of people following us before?

"I didn't do anything wrong! I just wanted to see the woman I love."

Jaxon scoffed and turned away. His eyes met mine from across the room.

"We're leaving," he stared firmly.

I nodded. Mark's eyes found me standing in the hallway.

"What? She's going nowhere until I get to spend some time with her."

Jaxon turned around so quickly it was almost a blur. He had his hand around Mark's throat and held him against the wall. He leaned in threateningly close.

"You will be the reason she is killed," he growled out.

"Jaxon," I said. "Let him go, please."

He looked back at me. His eyes were angry. He released Mark's throat. Mark fell to the ground, choking.

"I'll have you fired," he yelled, his voice raspy.

"Whatever," Jaxon said, walking into the room I slept in.

He walked out with my bag.

"You have 20 minutes. I have to get everything ready and then we are leaving." He walked outside.

Mark walked toward me.

"How's your throat?" I asked, annoyed.

"Okay," he replied. "We have 20 minutes. What do you wanna do with it?" He smirked, moving toward me. He wrapped his hands around my waist and leaned in. Jaxon walked back inside. He made eye contact with me and his expression fell. Then, he shook his head and walked further into the kitchen.

I turned my attention back to Mark who was now kissing my neck. I groaned and pushed him off.

"What is your problem?" He grumbled. "You never want to have sex anymore."

"I don't know what you're talking about. We have sex."

"The last time we had sex was months ago."

I groaned. "I just don't enjoy it, Mark."

"Don't enjoy it? How do you not enjoy sex?"

"Maybe because all you want is to do enough to get you off and then you're done," I mumbled.

"What?" He stepped back.

"All you want is to lay on top of me until you've finished. You don't even ask what I want or if I've finished."

"I don't see what's wrong with that."

I laughed sarcastically and began to walk away. Once again, I made eye contact with Jaxon. His eyes held laughter. I glared at him and walked outside. I walked to the edge of the lake and looked out.