TWENTY-NINE

Turns out my sister and I are complete opposites. She's the total girly girl. She loves expensive things, loves to get all dressed up with makeup, hair and everything and, most of all, loves the color pink.

She basically shits glitter and rainbows.

Despite us being completely different, we had a lot of fun together. She laughed at my endless complaints to the hairdresser. I got my hair cut a few inches and got a few layers but I refused to add any color.

Elizabeth wouldn't change me that quick.

--------------------

*A few days later*

I look in the bag and admire the lace.

"Drive him mad. Love, Lance."

Giggling at the card, I grab the lace bodysuit out of the bag and begin to put it on. I lace up the ribbon on each side of my hips and adjust my boobs to fit perfectly in the cups. Looking at my reflection, I can't help but smile. I look over to my nightstand and admire my pistol.

A knock sounds at the door.

"Hey, you ready?"

"No, Niccolai. We still have two hours until the wedding."

"No, the guests have two hours until the wedding. We have photos in twenty minutes," he grunted.

"Shit! Okay, give me one second." I grabbed my thigh holster and clipped it on. Placing the cold metal of my gun on the inside of my thigh, I hissed.

The silk dress hung beautifully on the hanger, I didn't want to take it off. After quickly pulling it over my breasts, I called out to Niccolai.

"Come zip me!"

I heard him grunt and then the door creaked open. His cold hands hit my back.

"Damn, your hands are cold."

"You're just a pussy."

I rolled my eyes at him in the mirror. "Okay, lets go." He rushed me out of the bedroom, carrying my heels in his right hand.

"They're all in the ballroom. Here, take your shoes. I have to go get Sheila."

Laughing, I threw a "good luck with that."

I hurried to the ballroom barefoot. When the guards opened up the doors to the ballroom, I gasped. White draping was hanging from the ceiling. Silver accents placed on the tables. I couldn't tear my eyes away.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I heard my mother ask.

I turned to look at her and felt tears form in my eyes. "Wow. You look stunning."

Her ballgown wedding dress flowed against the floor as she walked toward me, shimmering in the light.

"Believe it or not, a lot of this was your fathers idea."

"Oh I believe it." I had been to many extravagant events thrown by my father and they all had his specific touch to them.

"Come on, we have photos."

"Well, I have to wait for-"

"No need. Here I am." I felt his arms snake around my waist. His lips attached to my temple and kissed his way to my ear. "You look absolutely ravishing."

My mother grinned and began to walk toward the back doors.

"I can't wait to get this off of you later." He spun me around and I took in his appearance. His suit was perfectly tailored and the light gray color contrasted beautifully with his tan skin.

"I agree." I winked. He laced our fingers and we walked to the back doors. Everyone was standing around my mother and father as the photographer snapped photos.

"Lyla, come here, my love. I want a picture with my beautiful daughter," my dad called.

"Coming, Dad." I smiled at Jaxon and made my way to my father.

My silver silk gown floated along the ground as I walked. I felt so beautiful.

As I approached my father, he pulled me into one of his big bear hugs. I breathed deeply, enjoying his embrace. He kissed the side of my temple and the photographer positioned us.

After what felt like a million pictures, I finally made my way back to Jaxon.

"Hello beautiful," he smiled. I smiled up at him and pulled him down to kiss me. His lips were so soft and so firm at the same time. He tasted like vanilla Crown Royal.

"Have you already gotten into the whiskey?"

He pulled out a flask from his jacket. "I couldn't stand through this whole ceremony sober. Your mother isn't allowing alcohol until the reception."

I grabbed the flask from him and took a small swig. "Good thinking."

"Guys, the ceremony is about to start. Everyone is lining up!" I looked over at Lance as he called us. My sister stood next to him, beautiful as ever.

I walked to her. "Silver is your color."

She scoffed. "Yeah right, I look too pale."

Lance kissed her forehead. "You are beautiful."

I winked at them, laughing. Looking back at Jaxon, I grabbed his hand. "I'll see you after?"

"Of course." He leaned down and kissed me once more before making his way to the aisle.

As I watched his back retreat, I felt something in the pit of my stomach. Something doesn't feel right.