Two

Part Two

Aunty and I have been talking all day catching up on lost times and as usual she left to sleep while I sat there thinking of the next recipe for my blog next week.
Then I called Afifa.

How are you?

I'm in Kaduna, I can't miss the wedding.

What? I wasn't expecting you.

You don't sound so happy. You sent me the invitation after all.

Yeah I know but you said you were busy.

Not for you. Never.

Okay.

I heard you will only have the yinin biki and dinner, why?

Kabir doesn't want much and I agree with him.

Sounds good.

It's my wedding anyway so I make the decisions.

Okay then, see you tomorrow.
I end the call.

She doesn't want me to go to her wedding and honestly I wasn't planning on going but mama forced me to, she says it's good to keep friends, you never know when you might need them.
What she doesn't get is that Afifa is a changed person, whenever she is around me she gets uncomfortable, a lot of my friends tell me she has inferiority complex. When we go out to meet people she keeps her head down and acts as if she just learnt how to talk and she embarrasses me every time with that crap.
But since I promised mama I would talk to her and see her then so be it.

I enter to the guest room to sleep.

Yinin Biki.

I wore a simple atampa, veil, pouch, flat shoes since we would be dancing. There were so many people. Everyone looks at me when I pass by and I don't even get why, it's not like I over dressed except if they expected me to wear pajamas.

I walked inside and saw some of my old friends.
"Maryam" I say hugging my chubby friend.
She hugs me back laughing like a child.
Then Munira, Hafsah And Nafisa follow and hug me too.
"It's been a while" Maryam says pulling away.
"Last time I saw you, you were doing that community program" I answer back.
"Yeah the one you refused to participate in" she answers back.

"And now she does not know us, that's life" Nafisa says dragging me to seat down.
"Sorry, I've been busy. Anyways how is Mubarak?" I ask after her 5month old baby.

"Well I left him in my parent's house. As you know mami is so keen on taking care of her grandchild herself. But unfortunately I will have to leave for Kano in two days"
"Well I'm staying for a while" I answer back.
"Give us your number" hafsah says.
"Okay, and you'll give me yours"

We exchanged numbers and shared our stories about how our life was going.

Maryam is currently engaged to a guy named Abdulhamid, he works at the embassy and she is a doctor at a private hospital here in kaduna.

Nafisa is married to a guy named Farouk, he is an engineer of course she is a house wife.

Munira is dating a guy named Mansour who is currently going through his masters degree while she is working in a law firm also here in kaduna.

Hafsah was married but unfortunately lost her husband 3months after having her second child, Aisha. She is an architect.

And I didn't have a stable job nor am I married or was married mah. But I look at all their faces except Maryam and they look jealous, you can see it clearly in their eyes.
Afifa didn't want me here, my childhood friends changed the way they treated me after years without contact because they think I was living the life. I am 26 not getting any younger, living with her elder brother and his family, catering and making videos about it. Yes, I get and spend money but this isn't what I want for myself.

Maryam and I were the only ones left in the room, the rest left moments ago. It was already 5:30pm and I thought I should leave, I wanted to stop at Madina's sister's house to drop a package for her.
I said my goodbyes to Maryam, mama and Afifa before I walk out.
Anty gave me her car to ride since I came by train, leaving my car back at Ya Mutassim 's house.
Just as I came out a guy came towards me.
His height got my attention, then his feet, his physique and then finally his smile. I've dated more handsome guys but none with his physique and charisma.

"Hey" He says hovering over me.
I ignore him and keep walking towards the car.
"Okay you're not going to answer" he says in a whisper probably to himself.

He stands in front of me blocking my way.
"What? I'm in a hurry to get somewhere" I tell him looking slightly irritated and the truth is I'm not, at all.

"I've not be able to stop staring at you so I decided to come talk to you instead"

"Sorry I'm not interested" I answer back coldly.
"I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I don't get your contact"
"Why do you think I care if you do?"

"So sorry, my bad. I'm Fuad Ibrahim Maitama, you?"
"Okay then" I walk past him.

"At least tell me your name"
"Please stop talking, stop pestering me"

"Only if you agree we can meet up at the dinner tomorrow night".
I nod "Okay fine, whatever"

He smiles widely making his dimples deepen.

But who knew that would be my worst mistake.

Like I promised I met up with Fuad, we chatted all night talking about nothing of importance. In fact I liked his company so much I gave him my number after the dinner.

A week in kaduna became a month, always meeting with either Maryam or Fuad. He understood me like no one else, he gave me advice even my best friend couldn't, he showed me a reason to smile even when the universe threw a thousand reasons to cry.

I loved him. He would come to Abuja just to see me, we would always spend the day together. He was there for me through thick and thin.
For a year we were dating and whenever we started arguing he would make sure we were cool at the end. He buys me things I never even knew I liked. I gave myself to him because I thought he was the one. We talked about getting married and having a family, everything was going smoothly, at least until-

A video of me standing half naked was leaked, it was something that happened once but it didn't change the fact that the whole world saw me.
I saw the video trending all over social media.

Rumaisa Ali Bature a famous blogger and the daughter of billionaire Ali Bature is seen half-naked in a leaked video.

And on the news headlines...

Daughter of Famous Billionaire Ali Bature caught naked in leaked nude tape.

And then comments start bursting..

'I'm glad someone has the guts to show how much of a whore she is'.

'Ive always known she was trash'

'If I was her dad I would disown the bitch'

'We all saw it coming, you know a whore when you see one'

'I feel bad for her father, giving birth to something like her. God forbid'.

I knew there was no way I could show my face, not anywhere.
Baba got so furious and told me to leave the country for a while, when things die down I could come back.
But I knew I wouldn't be back. I can't come back, not after Fuad disgraced me like that. I really thought he was different, I guess I was wrong.

I packed up and left for Debrecen, Hungary. Maybe there I can begin on a new slate, where I don't have to face anyone at least not now.

I'm not even sure I will ever face anyone......

: