Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Mandy’s POV

Ring ring.

What?

Ring ring.

Why is my phone ringing at this godforsaken hour? And who is calling? Seriously! It’s like freaking 3 in the morning!!! Oh shoot! It’s my boss! I quickly grab my phone and go outside of the tent so I don’t wake up anyone.

Ring ring.

“Hello?” I asked, unsure of why he was calling.

“Hello, Mandy,” he said. A couple seconds passed by while I was waiting for him to explain why he was calling.

“Is there a reason you’re calling, sir?” I asked.

“Yes, there is.”

I waited,

And waited,

And waited.

“And what is that reason?”

“I was getting to it, sheesh, pushy much?” he sassed. “I am calling to see if you have found the boys, and if so, I need you to do something.”

“Yeah, I found them…what do you want me to do?” I asked, curious.

“You know about our first plan, right? Yes, of course you do. We have a new plan though. I need you to bring all of them, including Zena, back to our camp so we can question them and take care of certain business.”

“Okay but-”

“Do you, or do you not understand your orders?” he asked, quite annoyed with me.

“Yes, I understand.”

“Good. You better not let me down this time, or you know what the consequences will be,” he said in a stern voice. He sounded like my father.

“Okay, yeah, I know, I won’t let you down,”

“Good. I will see you tomorrow then,” he said.

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow,” I said, and then hung up.

Stress.

A song came to mind, and it describes exactly how I’m feeling right now.

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night are like shooting stars?

I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?

I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now.

I really could use a wish right now. I have grown to love these guys, but now they will probably think I betrayed them. And for a good reason too. I sat there just thinking for what seemed like years, when it was only mere seconds. I got up and started heading back to camp.

Wait.

Is there someone watching me?

“Harry? Niall?” I asked.

“Uhhh hey Mandy! What are you doing up?” Harry asked.

Oh poop. Did they hear the conversation I had with my boss? I seriously hope not. There would be some serious explaining to do, and I would have to lie to them.

“Uh, nothing much, I couldn’t sleep so I decided to go on a walk,” I lied. Now I feel even worse. Great.

“Oh, that’s nice,” he said, eyeing me suspiciously. Crap.

“Yeah, so why are you guys up?” I asked, changing the subject and putting the spotlight on them instead of me.

“Uhhh, Niall got up to get some food and I came with him to make sure he didn’t eat it all,” he explained. I didn’t completely believe him, but I decided to drop it.

“Okay, well, I’m going back to bed. Night, guys,” I said, walking away quick enough to avoid another conversation, but not too quickly as to cause more suspicion.

Niall’s POV

“What was that all about?” I asked Harry.

“I have no idea, I just know that she is up to something, and it’s not a good something,” he replied, staring at the rock Mandy was sitting on.

“Yersh, so I’m tired, I’m going back to bed,” I said standing up from a painful crouching position.

“Yersh?” he asked.

“Yersh: a word that two brilliam people created. It is a combination of the words ‘yerp’ and ‘yesh’.” I explained.

“Okay then.”

“Night, Harry.”

“Night, Ni.”

As I drifted off into the dream world, I only knew one thing. My suspicions about Mandy were right. And I will be able to rub it in their faces tomorrow when we catch her meeting up with the person on the phone.

~~~

Okay. It's a short chapter. I know. I just needed a filler chapter. Plus...writer's block. :(

Leave a comment and let me know what you think will happen the next day!

I am #305 on the Science Fiction list :P

Do you think I should enter this in the Watty Awards???

I would like 11 votes and 11 comments for the next chaper please!!! :)

Comments letting me know what you honestly think!

First to comment will get a dedication (as long as you haven't already had one)

Please check out my Louis fanfic 'Call Me Maybe' and leave a comment! It would really mean a lot to me! :)

Loves to you, my cupcakes!!! :P Have a nice evening!