Chapter 22 [Hesitation]

There sit a man and another man, elderly, on the rowing boat, rowing as the elder takes them across the sea. They drift along the great depth, as the boat floats along the sea, and sooner the man will come to see, the place he must step on next.

The moon shines with a hint of disappearing as its light reflects on the waving surface of the sea. The breeze comes from everywhere. And everywhere, from one eye corner to the other, is the body of endless dark where the horizon disorients to an uncertain line. And worse of all, it brings the sense of loneliness.

The man sits on the boat, gazing lazily at the reflection of the moon. Once in awhile, ignorant to the elder, his face will contort to one of unfathomable lost and sorrow that only one person in this cruel world can hope to match. His chest would constrict whenever he thinks how must that person be fending this moment. How must she be blaming him now.

But all he can do is shut away the thought. His decision had been final. He never believed it was the right choice, only what he could at least do. And that's what he still believes now.

Hesitation has eaten enough of his time, he can't afford to let his resolve waver. Distance can act as a barrier, both from feelings to reach his heart and from letting his heart be the reason to swing his sword.

The man and the elder drift on the sea of great depth, as the boat sails along the waves. Sooner the man will come to save, the lives of those his woman wanted safe...