Chapter 11: Remember

*thump* *thump* *thump*

'Mmmmhhh...'

Yoongi signed to himself as he began to wake up, the calm beating of his heart becoming more noticeable.

Everything is blurry when Yoongi first opens his eyes, making him blind to his current circumstance.

As he began to slowly wake up more Yoongi notices more and more a heaviness in the air. It's a heaviness he's quite familiar with. He feels the emotions that are swimming through the air, or what's left of it at least.

Despite having one of the worst sleeps of his life that night, Yoongi was not fully aware of what had happened upon waking up.

'Mmmh, damn, where is my phone?' Yoongi thought as he needed something to help him wake up and tell him the time. He was about to start searching the bed until he felt movement from beside him.

Yoongi froze, confused and confident that the movement did not come from him.

In his haze, Yoongi struggled a little as he tried to turn to the source of the movement.

Upon finding the source, Yoongi starts to snap out of his haze and tries to move closer to the mass and notices it shift again.

This time it shifts so that its facing Yoongi now, eyes still closed, breathing peacefully.

Yoongi's eyes get big as he begins to freak out, recognizing the sleeping face.

'Oh my god it's Hoseok! What is he doing here? Why are in bed toge-'

It all finally hits Yoongi.

Everything that had happened.

The memories leaving Yoongi speechless as he remembers it all.

He remembers the liquid pain medication his members picked up for him.

He remembers falling into a deep sleep after taking the medication.

He remembers the nightmares that replayed in his head, the demons from his past coming back to haunt him.

He remembers the painful memories that came back to taunt him.

Yoongi remembers the feeling of helplessness that consumed his existence as he was overwhelmed by the demons he tried for so long to escape.

They were memories h'de desperately wanted to forget. They were memories that reminded him of his insecurities and his past.

They reminded him of the times when he was so broken, he was left empty without a sense of vitality. Times when he point out and hate each and every little bit of himself. Times when he'd go to school just to lock himself in the bathroom and hide from everyone. Times when he desperately needed someone to be there for him, but never had anyone. Times when he was left heartbroken after loosing those closest to him. Times when he wanted to end it all.

Yoongi felt the hot, wet tears that streamed down his face as he laid in bed, unable to pull himself away from the nightmares. His body began to shake a as he laid silent while his eyes remained fixated on the man in front of him.

He remembers suddenly waking up.

He remembers being unable to see clearly at first, everything was blurry from his downpour of emotions.

At first he did not understand why he was awake, but he remembers his confusion cease when he finally heard a voice.

It was Hoseok's voice.

Yoongi's senses were on a dollar coaster ride. Though he tried, he couldn't make out what Hoseok was saying. Nothing made sense except for his last words, "Are you ok hyung?"