CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
MELONIE'S POV

   "Jackson," I smiled as he continued to leave kisses on my neck. "Jackson... w-we have to get ready for work."

   "Oh, come on, just five more minutes," he pleaded, kissing my lips softly.

   "You said that fifteen minutes ago," I giggled. "We're gonna be late."

   "Fine," he groaned.

   I stood up and I could feel his eyes on me. I smiled to myself before wrapping a blanket around me.

   "Stop staring at my ass, you perv," I joked, turning around to face him. 

   "I can't help it." He stood up, coming closer to me. "You have a pretty nice ass."

   "You're not so bad yourself, Avery," I smirked, kissing him one more time before grabbing my clothes and running to the shower.

   Once I was done showering, I went downstairs, where April, Jackson, and Alex were eating and talking. I sat next to Jackson and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl. 

   "Could you guys quiet it down a little bit next time?" April groaned. "Some of us are trying to sleep."

   "Oh, you're just jealous because you've never been laid," I teased.

   "I-um... you-" she sighed. "I hate you." April got up with her car keys, heading toward the door.

   "Come on, April, I was joking," I chuckled. 

   "Yeah, okay." She rolled her eyes. 

   "Actually, I should probably get going too," Jackson said, standing up. "You coming?" he asked me.

   "Yeah." I stood up with my apple.

   "See you at work, Alex." Jackson gave Alex a friendly wave before we went outside, into Jackson's car.

   "I thought you didn't like him," I wondered.

   "I don't like him because he hurt you, but I live with him and he has nowhere else to go, so I should still be nice to him," Jackson shrugged.

   "You are the sweetest person I have ever met," I smiled. 

   "Yeah, yeah, whatever," Jackson smirked.

   We arrived at the hospital. There were people in the family waiting rooms, hugging and kissing, some crying. It always made me feel bad when people would cry for a patient.

   "Avery, we need you over here." Owen ran past us.

   Jackson let go of my hand and pecked me on the lips before running off into the elevator of the hospital.

   I entered the attending's lounge and got changed, then went to fill out some charts. When I got to the counter, I grabbed a pen. 

   I heard a slam and I looked over, seeing Alex hitting his hand against the computer.

   "Yeah, whatever's wrong, that'll fix it," I said sarcastically, writing stuff down in the charts.

   "Barnett decided everyone should create new passwords," he scoffed. "You do it in the settings menu. But I can't access the settings menu without a new password!"

   "So you're trying to break in?" I giggled, taunting him. He turned to glare at me and I just threw my hands up, surrendering. "Hey, you're probably gonna need to go back in and do a redo O.R.I.F. on Brody Wright's humerus fracture, okay?"