Chapter Two | Hiroto's Vampire Side

At school the next day, Y/n asked Hiroto about the shrine and why he wasn't there. "Oh, I'm sorry but uh..." Y/n laughed. "I get it. You were scared because the symbols were lit up." Hiroto nervously chuckled, and Y/n could've sworn that he had... Fangs? No, she must be tired. "So, I didn't see you last night either? What did you do, stay and talk to the demons?" he joked. Y/n laughed but then remembered something.

"Remember, Y/n, you can't tell people that you met us here. We'll tell people one day, but not just yet."

"No, there were just some loiterers that I had to get rid of on another shrine, that's all." she lied. "Yeah, I did see a few on my way home. Let's head to lunch, or we'll be late."

Y/n hurried home after school, since she had so much homework she wanted to get out of the way. There was a shortcut if she went through the shrine, so she turned the corner and gasped at what she saw. Suzuno and Nagumo. The demons from yesterday.

"Y/n! We hoped we would see you again. How was school?" Y/n was too shocked to speak, but quickly regained her composure. "Oh, it was fine. I met up with my friend, he was very apologetic about not being able to meet up with me. Oh, and I didn't tell anyone about our meeting." Suzuno gave her a rather unsettling smile. "Good girl. Unlike the others, you're actually rather obedient." Y/n gulped. "T-the others? W-what do you mean, S-suzuno?" Nagumo chuckled. "Oh sweetie, we keep forgetting you know so little about demon culture. You see, us demons each select a human girl, of the appropriate age, to mark as our own-- a sort of belonging. (Shout out to the game Blood in Roses for this idea!) We then keep this girl to...mate with, unless another more powerful demon or monster decides to claim her as their belonging." he explained. Y/n gulped. "So...who are you p-planning on making your b-belonging?" Nagumo laughed. "Oh sweetie, I'm sure you know the answer. We've both got our hearts set on the same girl-- you." Y/n squeaked in fear. "I'm sorry, I really need to go!" And without waiting for an answer, she ran off, ignoring the demons calls.

For the next few days, Y/n avoided the shrines like the plague. However, she did kind of work at them, so she couldn't avoid them forever. Which us why on Saturday morning, she, with a sense of dread in her heart, walked to the nearby shrine. When there was no lights lit up at it, she mentally cheered. Her happiness was short lived, as she heard laughter behind her. She whipped around to see.....Hiroto. "Hiroto, you scared me! I thought you were...a demon or something!" Hiroto smirked. "Wow. I thought you'd be used to them, you know, since you work at shrines." Y/n pouted. "I'm not scared! I was just caught off guard." "Yeah yeah, now come here, I haven't seen you in a few days, I miss my hugs." Y/n rolled her eyes and walked over to her friend to give him a hug, which he gladly returned. "You're such a dork sometimes." she teased when she pulled away. "Hey! Take that back!" he pouted. "Can't take back the truth." she smirked. "Well, in that case, I'll make you." he muttered. "Huh?" And just as the sound left her lips, Hiroto had pulled her into this position:

(Y/n on the left, Hiroto on the right) "So, gonna take it back, or do I have to take this even further?~" Hiroto smirked

(Y/n on the left, Hiroto on the right) "So, gonna take it back, or do I have to take this even further?~" Hiroto smirked. Their noses were almost touching, and Y/n's face was flushed a light shade of pink. "I take it back!" Hiroto chuckled and let go of her, of which Y/n was glad. "I'd best get on with the shrine now!" she nervously laughed and edged away. Hiroto smirked and turned to go. "You do that, I've gotta leave. See you later Y/n.~" And with that he left, leaving Y/n to stand there and blush.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter down! Hiroto's vampire side is starting to show through, interesting. Also what do you want next chapter?

A) jump right into the action! Y/n is gonna be kidnapped, so may as well get it over with.

Or B) Take your time and build up the chapters. If there's more chapters and story it'll be interesting!

Please leave your answer in the comments! Sayonara minna!