Chapter Three | Monster Signs

After the incident at the shrine, Hiroto had been a bit more flirty towards Y/n. She usually just laughed it off but it was getting a little bit much for her. She decided to take a little break from Hiroto and head up to the school roof, where she would be able to get a little fresh air. She headed up the stairs to the roof, but on the way she heard some boys laughing among themselves. Curiously, she slowed down a bit and eavesdropped on their conversation.

"Yeah yeah, and then there's that Hiroto. What do you think he would be?" "Oh, he's definitely a vampire. I mean, he looks sick, like he's never seen the sun before!" "Yeah, he's pretty flirty too. Who's the girl he's after now? Y/n or something?" "Yeah, Y/n L/n, she's so hot, I'm not surprised he's after her. A lot of guys (including myself) are after her. But seriously, damn she's got some sick curves!" "Yeah, and those legs though, nice."

Y/n felt she had heard enough, and quickly made her way up to the roof. 'Was what those guys said true? No, it can't be, I'm it must be some other Y/n. But I'm the only girl here with that name! But I'm not that good looking, if boys had their pick of any girl I certainly wouldn't be first. Would I? I don't know...' Y/n was snapped out of her thoughts by a sound behind her. It was a song, someone was...singing? It wasn't very loud, so she couldn't make out too many of the lyrics, but she felt she'd heard it before.

"You stripped your love down to the wire
Fire shining cold alone outside
You stripped it right down to the wire
But I see you behind those tired eyes
Now as you wade through the shadows that live in your heart
You'll find the light that leads on"

Y/n followed the sound of the beautiful voice in a trance like state, mesmerised by its power.

"'Cause I see you for you and your beautiful scars
So take my hand, don't let go
'Cause it's not too late, it's not too late
I, I see the hope in your heart
And sometimes you lose it, sometimes you're shooting
Broken arrows in the dark
But I, I see the hope in your heart
I've seen the darkness in the light"

Y/n turned the corner to see a boy, around her age, with long blonde hair, and gorgeous reddy brown eyes, singing softly to himself. Once he saw her, he seemed slightly startled but gave her a small smile. "Can I help you?" he asked with a silky high pitched voice. "I-- uh...your singing, it was beautiful." Y/n snapped back to reality, and fumbled with her words. "Thank you, I don't mean to be abrupt but I don't actually think I know you. Could I have your name?" "Y/n. Y/n L/n. And you are?" "Afuro Terumi. Its a pleasure to meet you. Say, do you--" Afuro was cut off by a yell. "Y/n! I've been looking all over for you, where have you been?!" Hiroto ran up to Y/n and realised she wasn't alone. "Afuro. How...nice to see you." Hiroto forced a smile at the girly boy and pulled Y/n up by her hand. "Hiroto. Likewise." Afuro shot back with an equally forced tone of voice. "You two know each other?" Y/n asked, surprised. "You could say that. Anyways, we'll be going now. Come on Y/n." Hiroto dragged the poor girl away, Jealousy raging through his body. As she was dragged off, Y/n twisted around and waved at Afuro, who grinned and waved back. 'She'd make an excellent belonging.' he thought as he stood up to make his way back to the shrine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup. Semi cliffhanger, I know. But don't fret, the next chapter will be up soon. I decided to go with option B) because it will be easier to write. Thanks for reading, bye!