"Why You Gotta Be So Rude?"

A/N-I love this song. I'm really happy rn because my bf & I are celebrating our 20th month today & I got accepted in the university that I applied to (I mentioned it earlier in this book). I'm so happy & proud of myself!

Anyway, now, to the story.

Dream.

"Rachael, your Dad--" Some said, but got cut off.

"He's what? Tell me! Right now!" I screamed as loud as I could. "Tell me. Now." I said through clenched teeth.

"He's dead." 

I fell backward and fainted. I tried to hold on the railing, but couldn't--my knees buckled and down I went.

"No, NO! It can't be, it just can't be!" I screamed. I didn't know what to do--Steve was at Aunt Jen's and Uncle Quinby's house, and I didn't have a car, so driving would be a very dumb thing. I sat on the curb, trying to process the information of what I just learned--both of my parents were gone. What about Steven? Oh, poor Steven.

End of nightmare.

I woke up in a sweat, feeling cold and shivers went down my body. I didn't want to wake Steven or Dad up, so I went to the closet in the hallway to get another blanket. Wrapping myself around it, I still felt cold. I decided to take my temperature. It read 101.5. 101.5? Oh, no. Better tell Dad. I thought.

"Hey, Dad?" I whispered.

"Yeah?" Dad asked.

"I have a temperature of 101.5. I'm getting warmer blankets and a cup of tea."

"101.5?! Oh, no, I'll get the tea," Dad said, getting up from his bed that he and Mom used to share, walking towards the door. "You go to bed and rest, honey."

"Fine." I exasperated a sigh, not feeling well at all. Maybe it's because of all that late night study sessions. Maybe it's a virus. Thoughts flew threw my mind. Get some sleep. I finally went to sleep and Dad gave me the tea.

                                                                                                     ***

A/N-I decided to update. :) Short chapter, I know, but, there's always room for improvement. I'd love to hear what you have to say about this chapter. Please comment.

Happy early Veteran's Day!