Chapter 7 - Newcomer

Shifting restlessly in his seat, Ye Zun couldn't find a way to calm down his nerves. 

Today he would go to the SID headquarters to meet the members together with Zhao Yunlan and Shen Wei.  Though he refused to let it show, he was really nervous. 

This feeling was new to him, as he was used to hatered and anger filling him up, but now that he let those feelings go, he somehow felt empty and awkward, experiencing a lot of other unknown feelings.

"It's going to be alright." Shen Wei had assured him countless times, but even his brothers' kind words didn't put him at ease. As his twinbrother, he also could see right through those dark eyes, covering how unsure Shen Wei actually was. 

Ye Zun sighed looking around. He spotted Zhao sitting in the kitchen with his phone and a lollipop in his mouth. Though the Chief didn't show any dislike towards having him around, Ye Zun felt unwelcome and had a hard time conversing with him. He would usually get Shen Wei to talk for him, but now that he was out doing grocery shopping, he mustered up courage and went to sit in front of the Chief.

Ignoring Ye Zun, Zhao just kept looking at the screen, typing a message to Lin Jing about some unimportant matter. 

Not knowing how to start, Ye Zun tried to get Zhao's attention by staring at him, but when the other man didn't look back, he lowered his gaze. 

Zhao shot the twin a glance and couldn't help but think how pathetic he looked, however, amidst his resentment against him, Zhao felt a little sorry for him.

He had to keep reminding himself that everything that happened wasn't Ye Zun to blame, so he put the phone away and faced him.

"You know, there's no need to be this nervous, the staff is acutally quite nice. I mean... Wang Zheng and Sang Zan are pretty chill, Zhu Hong can be annoying but she won't bite, Guo ChangCheng might die from shock by seeing you, so you will not hear much from him. Old Chu.. well, with him eyeing Guo, he'll be busy taking care of the good-for-nothing frightened boy. About Lin Jing... he might not be too happy to see you. Watch out for his dumbass experiments. He might try and kill you for sure."

Ye Zun stiffened in his seat, looking uncomfortable. He wasn't sure if the Chief was consoling him or not, the half teasing half annoyed tone in his voice confused him.

He wanted to ask, if the SID staff be able to trust in him and let him work alongside them, but he already knew the obvious answer to that. He expected to be told off as soon as he showed up. He wouldn't blame them if they did.

Zhao saw right through Ye Zun and somewhat pitied him. Not waiting for a response, he chuckled, "I never expected you to be a nervous type of guy, haha..."

Ye Zun clenched his fists, "I'm not!" he exclaimed now looking at Zhao, embarrassed. "I'm just not used to be in this kind of situation. I know I did wrong and for that I have to apologize of course..." he hesitated.

Raising both hands as if he surrendered, Zhao smirked, "Now this explosive temper sure does suit you more." He paused.

"A real man know when to apologize and when to keep his head high. You are given the oppotunity to learn that now so take the chance. Let the others accept you and everything will be okay."

This time Ye Zun met Zhao's deep and dark eyes, feeling calmer by the words. He promised himself not to let either him or Shen Wei down this time. He would work hard.

Before he could say something, Shen Wei entered the apartment, "I'm back!" he said softly and Zhao sprinted over to him like a excited child. 

"I missed you, Xiao Wei Ah~" he murmured while clinging onto Shen Wei, who blushed. 

"Yunlan! Behave..." he looked embarrassed as Ye Zun stared at them from the kitchen, not knowing how to react to the sudden change in Zhao's behaviour.

"But you've left for so long, leaving your hubby worried," Zhao pouted. He pecked the professor on the lips, before he could retract, then took the two plastic bags from Shen Wei and placed them on table.

They quickly ate lunch in silence, as if each prepared themselves for the upcoming meeting with the SID members. 

Zhao has informed Da Qing that he would bring both Shen Wei and Ye Zun to the headquarters today, so their former enemy could have a chance to apologize to them all at once. 

At first Da Qing was hesitant, thinking it might still be too early for Ye Zun to show up, but then agreed with Zhao that they might as well get over it quickly and adapt to the changes.

Taking out the contents of the plastic bags, Zhao handed Ye Zun his new clothes.

The twin quickly changed, and by Zhao's suggestion, he transformed, making his long silver hair short, but long enough to tie it back into a small ponytail.

Zhao whistled, approving the choice of style that Ye Zun had; a loose white shirt covered his upper body with the sleeves rolled up in a untidy, yet stylish way. Paired with blue jeans, not too tight, and white sneakers, he looked like a model. 

It was not hard for Zhao to imagine Shen Wei in these clothes, as they looked identical, and eventhough Zhao liked this casual style, he still prefered his professor in suits, looking sharp and educated. 

He could sense waves of jealousy coming from Shen, as he 'checked out' Ye Zun, and was quick to grab his hand and squeeze it gently. He felt Shen become a bit more relaxed, but he still had a warning look on his face.

"This is much better," Zhao stated, "Now people will think that you are just a normal person from Haixing. But we can still not take any chances when going out in the public..."

Zhao went over to the closet and pulled out another bag while trying not to burst out laughing. Shen Wei and Ye Zun stared at him surprised, as the Chief dramatically put down the bag.

Taking out the contents, Zhao could no longer hold back a large grin, as he revealed the cap, big sunglasses and the pink scarf. 

"We better be safe from curious eyes, right?"

It turned out that the disguise didn't look as ridiculous on Ye Zun as it did on Zhao. Ye Zun actually quite liked the pink scarf and the cap, but he did feel a bit foolish with the oversized sunglasses. However he decided not to complain, and sat silently in the backseat of Zhao's red jeep.

When they arrived, Ye Zun felt the butterflies in his stomach begin eating him up from the insides, making his heart beat at a abnormal fast speed.

In the hall the SID members worked on small cases, filing reports, complaining about the amount of desk work and so on. As soon as they entered, it became quiet and everyone's attention was on one particular person.

"I know you are all startled, but..." Zhao started  but was abruptly interrupted.

"WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING HERE?"