Chapter 2 - Patience

Zhao Yunlan slowly recovered, and returned to the SID headquarters the second day after he awakened, as he could not bear to stay at his apartment any longer. The silence was too much for him to take. 

When he walked down the streets, he noticed the great damage that the battle had caused. 

Before the SID memberes had left him yesterday, they had handed him a cap, sunglasses with black glass and a pink scarf.

"The whole city now know you, Chief." Lin Jing said. "We thought it better if you disguised yourself for a while, if you want to walk around in peace. People are crazy wanting to thank you for your help protecting the city. Xiao Guo almost got kidnapped when a croud came to praise us. "

Speechless Yunlan took the 'gift' and threw it on the sofa.

"We bought some food for you to eat. Look inside the fridge for yourself." Hong had said while giving him a worried look. What Yunlan couldn't tell her was that he didn't feel hungry. Still worrying about Shen Wei had him loose his appetite.

He was hesitant when putting on the hat and sunglasses, they ruined his image as a cool and edgy Chief. He stared at the pink scarf, while punishing the SID members in his mind for daring to give him such a embarrasing 'gift'. 

However, he found it quite effective, as no one approached him on the streets (who would? seeing a man dressed in jeans, leather jacket and white t-shirt looking all cool, but wearing a big hat and pink scarf? A strange sight indeed). He had decided not to drive his car to work so that he could take a look at the city. But also - he really didn't want to show himself at the headquarters, so why not take some time walking around?

As he arrived, he went straight to his office, not noticing the glares he got from his workers. Slamming the door he threw away his disguise while cursing. 

In the hall Da Qing couldn't stop laughing, but he tried to keep it quiet. The murderous look in the Chief's eyes had told him that the Chief wasn't pleased with their 'gift'. But Da Qing found him quite charming in pink.

"Out Chief is back again," Zhu Hong smiled. She has been very worried for their Zhao. He had lost weight and still hadn't fully overcome his injuries, yet he seemed to be okay. 

But he wasn't okay. I fact, he felt really awful not knowing how Shen was, not hearing from him at all turned his mood dark. He had trouble breathing thinking about Shen. What if he was in danger? Why didn't he contact him to hear, if Zhao was awake?

As he sat on his chair, he furiously placed his head in his hands. There wasn't much work for him to do since the higher-up's had the responsibility to clean up the mess after the war. Zhao happily let them do it, he was too tired to even think about the amount of work there was left. 

A silent knock on the door interrupted his clouded thoughts, "Come in!" he snapped, and send a deadly glare to whomever entered his office. 

"Old man Zhao," Da Qing cautiously said, "Still no news from the professor?" 

"Why would you care!" Shouted Zhao and threw a book after the cat, but he avoided it without trouble. 

"You know, we all care for Professor Shen," Da Qing answered annoyed. He is the only one who can save us from you, Da Qing thought for himself. 

Zhao shifted in his chair and put his feet on the table and closed his eyes. He had no energy left for arguing with Da Qing, hence closing himself in. 

Da Qing noticed his sudden withdraw and jumped on to the couch, laying down while eyeing the Chief. He knew his master in and out; he missed Professor Shen though he wouldn't admit it.

The cat shot a glance out through the half-open door and saw Lin Jing looking back at him. Slowly the cat shook it's head, telling the disappointed scientist not to come in to show their Chief his newest invention. 

Eventhough Da Qing though it funny to see Lin Jing getting scolded by Zhao for his crazy experiments, he didn't want to fire up the Chief's anger further.

As Zhao left the headquarters hours later, he yawned, not bothering to wear his disguise since it was already dark and streets empty. It had been a boring day with nothing to do at all, so his lazy ass had just slept the day away. 

When he locked himself into his apartment, he threw his jacket on the ground, not minding where. It was already messy everywhere, so why bother?

Going straight to the kitchen, he opened the fridge and saw the dishes that the SID members had brought him. His stomach growled loudly like a dying whale, but he had no appetite. Eating seemed useless, so he made som coffee instead and laid on the messy bed. 

The clock showed half past midnight. Not feeling sleepy at all, he just laid still, listening to the silence that was so overwhelming that he felt sick. Not only was he sad but also very disappointed, he simply could not understand why Shen didn't contact him. 

It was going to be a very long night.

Two wholeweeks went by and still no sign from Shen Wei. Zhao went from being furious to not caring at all. Before, he let his anger out on the SID staff, but now he had gone complete silent. This both confused and concerned them all, but no one dared to ask.

It was Sunday night, and Da Qing stepped into the apartment, only to be surprised by a seldom yet frightening sight. The Chief was busy cleaning his flat like a maniac. 

Da Qing's eyes widened in horror, as Zhao walked by vacuuming the floor spotless. The Chief has finally gone mad!!

"Move over!" Zhao shouted  at the cat. Da Qing ran to couch that was clean from dirty clothes.

With his hair tied back while wearing an apron, the cleaning Zhao was a sight to behold! Da Qing had expected Zhao to lay somewhere buried under his clothes and other dirty stuff, but was instead shocked beyond words.

"Hey old man, how about giving the floor a rest? You have been cleaning the same spot for too long now! You might end up not having a floor at all!"

"Shut up you fat fuq!" Zhao yelled, but stopped vacuuming nevertheless. Instead he began washing the dishes and dusting everything off. Da Qing sighed, he might as well just leave the Chief by himself.

The moment he decided to take a nap, the apartment door suddenly went up, startling both Zhao and Da Qing.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there Guardians :D 

I hope you find this chapter interesting, please do let me know!

Since English is not my native language, I apologise for any mistakes, but I will try and improve :)