daffodil

009 NEW BEGINNINGS

'you will see light one day. and it will be so beautiful, so bright, that it will be worth waiting all of those months in the dark for.'

//

Zelda spent the weekend with her grandad, relish and leisure part of their bond. beloved time was spent with the palms of their hands pressed against the speakers of her music player.

this was her grandads way of feeling music. he may not be able to hear it with his ears but his other senses are strong, he can sense the music through touch as the beats, rhythms and voices bounce through his wrinkled hands.

although the two of them live together, spend most of their time together through their routine that involves having breakfast and dinner together- they never seem to get tired of each other. Zelda loves making family a priority.

the weekend also included Zelda and her grandad arranging the flowers they had in their minor apartment. they take turns to water them. the lovely, growing flowers were gifts given by Jimin and they taped the stems of the decaying flowers into her grandads fresh, tawny scrapbook.

his scrapbook is named Flores In Love and Zelda has yet to ask why he decided to gift it with such an elegant title. she felt incredibly inspired and it urged her to write more on her flower article.

Zelda smiles every time she spots the elderly man scrapbooking with fumbling hands caressing each page, his pen scribbling along lines, because she knows it's his way of remembering his past wife. it was a tradition they shared and flowers keep his memories of her close.

Zelda's Monday starts off with her waking up early- her alarm making her sigh but she forces herself out of bed even though she doesn't start work until the afternoon. she's motivated to find inspiration for her newly given article and finding inspiration is never an easy task indeed.

so her rusty shoes stop at the entrance of Euphoric Hearts and she tilts her head to the side, questioning whether or not she'll be inspired inside. places of solace where she feels content in usually feed her the gift of inspiration she desires. if there's a chance of a warm cup of tea for her to enjoy then she's happy.

Zelda's need to check out the new cafe had disappeared weeks later. the anticipation of visiting a new place had been forgotten but now that she has time, she doesn't know whether or not to step in and explore the unknown place.

she sighs, shouting at herself for wanting to go home and relax before stepping inside- her taps against the floor echoing in the silence of the cafe. it's still early morning and no one is here which is a contrast to the hectic evenings.

Zelda's sapphire eyes wander around the sparse place of the cafe- nodding politely at the worker behind the till. she takes into account the aesthetic of the place- the planks of wood, stylish canvases, plants in pastel pots and a neon light with the name of the well known cafe.

but what catches Zelda's attention the most is the double doors leading to the garden outside. she steps away from the clear tables and chairs inside before rushing to the open patio doors.

she presses her notebook against her chest as she steps outside. the amount of green that surrounds her makes her feel inspired. the flashy trees, the fallen leaves, the flowers buried in soil nurtured in pots as a home, the rocking chairs that allow you to rest your back, the fairy lights that are not switched on and the small lemonade stand. Zelda is surprised by the amount of people outside- she never knew people liked the outside so much.