honeysuckle

020 I LOVE YOU

'you must want to spend the rest of your life with yourself first.'

//

Zelda strolls around the park, focused on the path in front of her and the main thought on her mind is her crucial mission for inspiration.

she stops in her steps, moving to the side to let a cyclist past. Zelda spots a familiar person on the bench, periwinkle hair on his head and brown perplexed eyes.

she lifts her hand to wave at him and his lips hold a slow, soft smile when he notices Zelda. "hey, Zelda right? come join me." he pats the bench.

they greet each other, asking each other of their state before a silence joins them as they look around the motionless park. the physical distance between them is fair yet the emotional distance is one that brings them closer.

"Jimin told me you write articles." Yoongi starts a conversation, genuinely interested and she smiles- always having that impression of him, since they met at Flores in the busy queue.

Zelda nods. "yeah i do. i love to write."

Yoongi averts his gaze to the squirrel on the pavement. "i've read a few of your articles actually. my girlfriend loves yours, especially on love and romance."

Zelda feels stunned that someone keeps up to date with her articles, enjoys reading her work. she remembers Yoongi's girlfriend, Maeve, sparkling eyes that have been through too much, small figure and a rare smile.

"she recently got inspired by Tae's article recently." Yoongi adds, referring to his lover with an uptight laugh.

Zelda laughs too. "oh god. he'll be proud that his dreaded article made a difference in the world." she shrugs.

Yoongi nods in agreement. Zelda notices how his eyes focus in on the flower path a few steps away from them. "your recent one on flowers was inspired by Jimin right? since he used to work at a florist?" he says, his tone of marvel.

of course leaves Zelda's lips. "guess you could say ever since he walked into my life he's brought inspiration as well as his smile." and she wants to face palm herself in embarrassment. can you not be cheesy for once?

Yoongi nods, sensing her shyness. "you're right about that." then his voice turns softer as he speaks again. "i'm glad you have each other." he smiles.

"me too."

Zelda has never come across someone who clicked so well with her, other than Jimin and Taehyung. but Yoongi radiates an aura that is so consoling that she feels like she's known him for years, which is why the talk they engage in, in the park is one that she cherishes.

"would you consider it love?" and the word love sounds bittersweet on the lips of the one and only Min Yoongi. he's had his many experiences hasn't he? "like do you love our sweet Jimin?"

Zelda is honest. "i'm not sure yet." she leans forward, resting her head on her hands as she thinks hard. "love is hard and powerful but i see myself falling in love with Jimin and i don't want these feelings to stop." and she knows she's afraid of admitting to Jimin's friend that she's already in love with her boyfriend.