king's spear

016 REGRET

'look down at your body and whisper "there is no home like you, thank you."'

//

Zelda makes her way to work on a warm Tuesday morning.

as she walks down the serene streets, past Flores and Euphoric Hearts, lost in her personal bubble, she notices awfully familiar floppy blue hair.

Yoongi.

the first time Zelda met him, she knew nothing about the man except for the fact that he was Jimin's friend and had a deep mindset like hers. now that she knows more about him, through her new friends and boyfriend, she knows that he's not who she thought he was. he's a heartbreaker. although, her first impression of him being gracious, reserved and meaningful remains even after knowing.

his outfit consists of an oversized hoodie, the sombre colour contrasts with his mop of hair that he pushes back. it covers his eyebrows and she wonders how he can see. his eyes seem brighter, filled with worship as he looks at the person he's with. Yoongi walks along side his pretty, shorter girlfriend (Zelda assumes it's the girl he brought flowers for, the one he's back together with), helping her with her bags as they walk side by side, sharing smiles, conversing in a conversation and simply in love.

Yoongi catches Zelda's wandering gaze, looking back at her. he smiles a close lipped smile, acknowledging her and she can't help but smile back.

Zelda just can't believe he's the reason why Jungkook left Elianna.

Zelda finishes work for the day, hugging Tae before leaving.

she arrives at Flores, excited to see Jimin and Zelda stops herself. she made a promise to herself- to never depend your happiness on another individual yet her promise is breaking and she doesn't know how to stop it. maybe she doesn't want to because the immense rapture she feels from just his smile, his cheekbones, his laughter, how he holds her and kisses her unexpectedly. she's ready to break the promise.

Zelda pushes the glass door to Flores open and walks inside. the first person she comes across is Jungkook which surprises her- she wasn't expecting to see him. he's wearing a baseball cap, covering his mop of dismal hair and he seems better. his eyes are lighter, the gold swirls evident and he even smiles when he notices her.

"hey Zelda, you alright?" Jungkook asks, standing up from leaning against the empty, Jimin-less counter.

"hello, i'm good. how are you?"

"i'm good." he smiles, sweat on his cheeks due to the warm weather. Zelda wonders why on earth he's wearing an all black outfit in this type of hot weather.

yet he pulls off a leather jacket better than her.

"are you here for flowers?" Zelda asks, looking around at the growing flowers and how the sun pushes through the glass windows.

Jungkook nods, adding the fact that he's also here to see his friend. "and you're here for Jimin aren't you?"

Zelda blushes slightly, smiling as she nods. "yeah, thanks for exposing me." her attempt at bringing amusement and light into their talk works.

because Jungkook laughs. Zelda's never made him laugh before!

her heart feels even more full when her boyfriend appears. he comes in through the back door that's painted white, with a flower in his hand, waving at his taller friend. "here you go kookoo."

oh, Jimin does a double take when seeing his girlfriend. "hi."

i'm so in love with you, Zelda thinks.

then Jimin asks Jungkook a serious question. "who's the flower for?" it makes the atmosphere between the trio slightly awkward.

Jungkook sighs. "Valeria, just someone. it doesn't matter."

"anyway, see you later guys." Jungkook forces a smile, lifting his hand as he leaves the florist quickly.

Zelda can't help but continue to watch Jungkook as he leaves, noticing how his mood had changed completely. she's taken by surprise when Jimin approaches Zelda, back hugging her.

the two of them watch Jungkook leave with Jimin's arms wrapped around Zelda's waist, his chin leaning on her shoulder as she places her hand on top of his. she leans her body on his merrily.

"i missed you." Jimin whispers, squeezing her with a smile.

"you know i missed you more." she turns around to briefly peck his lips. "how are you?" Zelda asks, always considerate about his moods and thoughts.

"much better now that you're here."

Zelda is glad Jimin can't see her cheeks flush and the unintentional smile takes up her face. so happy. "how does a walk to the park sound?"

Jimin and Zelda's attention snap to Jungkook outside who stops, still standing on the pavement.

Zelda's brows furrow in disorder. "is he alright?"

Jimin stays quiet, not knowing how to reply to what seems like a simple question but is quite complex. "i don't know anymore." his tone is sorrowful.

Jimin flinches slightly at what Jungkook does next. Jungkook stares hard at the flower that he just got from Jimin, holding onto the stem harshly until he throws the flower to the ground in the middle of the street and stomps on it.

"love isn't easy." Jimin breathes out and moves away.

Jimin tells Zelda that Valeria is a girl Jungkook is trying to love but can't, because his heart belongs to one person and we all know who that is.

over the past few months of Zelda knowing Jimin and his group of friends, she's made a note of what she's learnt. and there is a lot of things she has learnt.

• people fall in love and it doesn't work out.

• people use others.

• love triangles exist.

• revenge is bittersweet.

• love is a maze and there is no escape.

• love sinks into people's veins.

• sometimes people come back to you and that's a second chance.

• love has two sides.

• sometimes things go terribly wrong when trying to be with the one you love.

and Jin's words to Zelda, echo in her ears, "i broke a heart trying to fix my own."