forsythia

011 EXPECTATION

'the world gives you so much pain and here you are, making gold out of it.'

//

Zelda steps onto the bus, taking her ticket before looking for a seat.

she sighs when realising she has to stand up due to the occupied bus. Zelda stands next to a man seated with a small child beside him- he looks familiar. the child looks out of the window, occasionally nudging the adult to draw him pictures on the condensed glass of the bus windows.

the buses are most busy when the rain falls heavily, drenching people from head to toe but Zelda stares out of the foggy window opposite her, gripping the handle of her leather satchel as she watches the rain slide down the glass, the bickering teenagers and the people leaving.

Zelda eventually looks around the bus, afraid she'll stumble due to her imbalance and loose grip. she spots the manager of Euphoric Hearts seated towards the back of the jammed bus.

Namjoon had told her his name since they have become good friends, ones that engage in slack, free conversations and buy each other hot drinks or snacks. Jungkook. Namjoon had brought him up in a conversation, talking about his friend and how his cafe is a success.

so Jungkook makes brief eye contact with Zelda- acknowledging her but making no attempt to greet her. he lowers his gaze and stares out of the window. it's clear that he's afflicted and gloomy which perfectly fits with the weather.

"please take this seat ma'am."

Zelda's attention snaps away from the tearful man who appears distant whenever she sees him, to the man standing up from his seat with a smile.

his darkened locks stand out as well as the cheekbones on his face. he radiates a type of energy Zelda has never witnessed, with his reliance and purity and she feels inspired (as always). the stranger takes his child's little hand before gesturing to Zelda to sit down in his seat.

"no no it's okay-"

"we're getting off now, so please do." and he leaves with his child.

Zelda realises after sitting down with her legs crossed and watching him leave, that he's one of the men she's seen enter Flores. another one of Jimin's friends with a story of
his own to hide away.

the next day Zelda is excited to see Jimin. it's a normal feeling when her mind comprehends the fact that she'll be seeing her boyfriend again.

she arrives at Flores with a smile on her face as the bell rings- indicating her arrival and the smell of flowers makes the butterflies in her stomach increase because everything reminds her of him.

he's everywhere and she loves it.

but the smile on Zelda's lips disappears when she sees no sight of Jimin behind the counter. instead an older lady with an apron sits on the ashen painted stool, not realising there's a customer.

and Zelda turns into a state of panic- why isn't he here? he told her to meet her here when they last saw each other, so they could hang out but she has no way of contacting him, no phone number or social media. she's confused because he wouldn't leave her isolated, waiting for him in an vacuous florist as it rains.

she asks the lady about him, if he's here, if he was here and she simply shrugs which frustrates Zelda. she never likes to be mad but she is. the worry about Jimin covers up her disappointment.

Jimin had disappeared from the florist after admitting he likes Zelda. it was suspicious and she felt an odd feeling in her stomach that maybe it was to do with her. where was he? why did he leave? was it always too good to be true?