anemone

001 ANTICIPATION :

//

along the confined, slaving streets of an infamous town is a florist.

the florist itself is infamous as the people of the town do not see the importance of flowers- their artistry, their significance.

people don't bother spending money on temporary, careless plants that need looking after but perish quickly. it's almost like a metaphor for humans. once beautiful, eventually dead. instead, people choose to rip flowers growing naturally, out of their soil- throwing them around, toying with their petals.

but the florist is eye catching, just how a flower is to a bee. the florist may be miniature but everyone that walks past turns into a state of apprehension. the frosted painted brick wall, layered with vines of beryl- encircling around to find a structure, makes the glass window stand out. the window sill holds pots of plants, growing every single day until they're replaced with fresher flowers.

the florist named Flores is a outlet that people walk past, engulfed with the scents of different types of flowers. a second is all it takes for people to feel close to nature. but people usually walk past, with high chins and stimulating smiles, just to make their way into the favoured cafe next door that serves tepid drinks and chocolate snacks- everything deliciously man made.

humans tend to like materialistic objects, things made by capable others- they overlook the adored things that are naturally gifted by the mortal earth.

inside the florist, pretty flowers are everywhere you look. rows of daisies, roses, orchids- colours ranging from pastel bisque to spirited carmine. it's as if someone created a rainbow of essence. there isn't a single place in the store where there are no splashy flowers, except for the till with the employee.

the employee himself is a budding flower among the dainty flowers around him, ready to be taken care of. an indigo blouse hugs his petite body as his fingers intertwine on top of the counter. rings on each hand as his hands push through his blonde wavy locks. his cocoa eyes open in realisation when the clock indicates the early morning.

"Jimin! open up the shop."