Anne, Mary, and Lucy - Chapter 12

Today was the first time the world would see Aspen. The amount of female donations he would get, I thought smirking and shaking my head. I still couldn't believe that our relationship was okay. I had woken up in his arms. I remembered the days were I wanted nothing more than that.

Today was also the first time the world would see me. I wasn't nervous but I wasn't excited either. We would be paraded around like the merchandise. We were stocks. How much value would we bring them?

They brought a breakfast platter to my door. I woke Aspen up and we ate the delicious meals on my bed.

"This is one thing the Capital does right. Food." We split a Belgian influenced waffle, both of us scarfing it down. "I don't even think I'll be able to fight in the Games after a week here. I'll be too fat."

I giggled at the imagination of a morbidly obese Aspen. "Maybe that's the point. So you have more to run off at the Games."

"There are funnier ways to burn calories," Aspen said with a mischievous wink before kissing my cheek. I blushed furiously, now focusing on the food.

"Do you really think we'll make it? In the Games?"

"Of course. You got a three on the evaluation. I forgot to say congrats on that." He huddled me into his arms, placing his chin on the top of my head. "We're going to be okay, Mer."

After an hour of relaxation, we were rushed to be "taken care of". Apparently, we were having makeovers for the Opening Ceremony. I entered a stark white room with three woman. The first woman was tall and had an air of command around her. The second was smiling and the third was nervously fidgeting behind her.

"Hello," the first woman said. "I am Anne, this is Mary, and this here, is Lucy," she indicated, nodding at each of them.

"Hello, Anne, Mary, Lucy. I'm America Singer."

Mary giggled. "We know who you are."

"I should probably warn you. I hate makeovers," I admitted, wincing at the memory. One time, May decided to give us all makeovers. She spent the whole day attaching hair extensions and trying different kinds of makeup. Even on Gerad. It was a cosmetic disaster.

"Well, we will try our best to make it comfortable for you, miss," Ann replied, leading me by hand to a chair in the center of the room.

"Please, don't call me miss. It makes me sound old." Mary chuckled at my comment and I got a timid smile from Lucy.

"You tributes are risking your lives for a worthy event. You deserve the utmost respect," Ann declared. She had a certain unattainable pride that immediately reminded me of Aspen. She felt my hair, getting a sense of its texture. "How do you feel about hair dye?"

"I hate that."

"Face tattoos?"

"No, thank you."

"So I'm assuming a wig is out of the question?"

"I think we both know the answer to that."

The girls exchanged looks with one another, gentle smiles on their lips.

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing," Ann replied hushedly.

They got to work on me, scrubbing me clean and washing my hair. They promised they wouldn't change too much which made me happy. They gave me dark eye shadow and tiny plastic stars to adorn my eyes. The girls handed me an outfit in a bag and left the room so that I could change. 

I unzipped the bag and audibly gasped. It was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. It simulated grass with various shades of green. It symbolized agriculture for District 11. And when it moved, it slightly shimmered. I couldn't wait for Mom and May to see me in this. They would absolutely lose it. I put it on tentatively, making sure not to mess it up in any way.

I opened the door, smiling. "Anne, Mary, Lucy. You guys are magical. How long did you have to make this?"

"A week," Mary answered, bowing her head.

"You're amazing!" I looked at each of them. These were truly spectacular woman. "Thank you."

"That's not all, miss," Lucy said nervously, her hands still shaking. "Here you go," she pulled something out from behind her back.

It was a crown. A real crown. It was gold and complimented the dress. I placed it lightly on my head. I had never had something on my body this expensive in my life. "How do I look?"

"Like a queen, miss. Like a queen."

**I've always liked Anne, Mary, and Lucy so this chapter was really fun for me to write**

**More Maxerica scenes coming in the next chapter**

**Thank you so much for reading. Your support means so much to me. Thank you all for voting and commenting. You truly make my days so much better.**