Stunning - Chapter 6

What does this District 1 boy want, I thought, eyeing him mysteriously. A tour of the city. With him? "I'll pass," I say, beginning to head towards the arrow section.

"Do you mind if I ask why?" Maxon persisted, his eyebrows scrunched together. He had probably never been turned down before.

"How long have you been training for the Games?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"All my life. Why?"

"While you had proper lessons, food, and all that crap, the people of the lower Districts have been trying to survive. This whole thing is disgusting and you encourage it," I whispered heatedly, moving closer to him.

He thought over what I just said. "You have a point," he said softly. "Sorry for asking." He began to walk away but turned back around. "For the record though, I hate this as much as you do. You're not the only one who is forced to be here." I watched as the sadness reached his eyes. "It was fantastic meeting you, America. You are quite stunning." He said this with a wistful smiling before vanishing across the room.

Stunning. When Maxon said it, he wasn't talking about my physical beauty like Aspen. He was describing something much more than that. And he barely even knew me. I carried out through the rest of my exercises before catching him at the door.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"For what?" he responded, confused.

"To give me a tour of the city," I said with a smile. "I hope it's good."

He beamed at me, his entire demeanor changing. "It will be great." He said it so confidently that I believed him.

**What will happen on their tour of the Capital?**

**What will happen in the Games?**

**Please vote and comment your thoughts. Thank you for reading this!